Wheeling 11/10/18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, we might have some members out of state for this one. Or maybe they are just getting back. No one tells me squat!

@Cass007 said he had 3 punches at RC to use by the end of the year. Lets help him do it. Who's in for some fall wheeling. Maybe the leafs will be changing by then.

I'm in. Do we not usually go in the fall?

Tired of looking at my truck and thinking ... what a piece of :poop:, wonder whats not working on it now :meh:, missed another wheeling day :cry:

Truck is currently running and functional, so time for :steer: and seeing if some of this money and effort was worth the result.

Can't make this one. :(

Wheeling where, is there a meet up location, how many days, more details please. Thanks.

Wheeling where, is there a meet up location, how many days, more details please. Thanks.
Wheeling at Rausch Creek (RC) 1 day 11/10/18.

We have a strict on trail time of 9:00 so arive accordingly.

If you or anyone want to go extra days feel free to bring it up.

I’m a maybe. My oil furnace just took a dump tonight so depending on how my wallet gets raped will have a direct impact on my ability to go.

Want to get out there for sure, but like @dci blair , I just had a home repair/replace issue. Looks like I'm out $900 for a new washing machine and it's getting delivered on 11/9. Depending on installation and the mountains of laundry that need to get done, I'm 50/50.

Blue is good ... green, meh, maybe you could still drive it a little ... yellow, I wonder if more exhaust is going into the cooling system or out the exhaust
20181102_142530[1].jpg
20181102_143512[2].jpg

Seems this truck will do just about anything to keep off the trails. Guess it's been a while coming, that's what I get for cleaning out the cooling system. It ran great when the coolant looked like dirt. My P0306 code seems likely being caused by this rather than an actual bad injector.

@Cass007 this would be a last resort. But what about one of the head gasket repair cure in a can kind of thing. Add to the coolant and it seals leaks.

@jamarquardt22 and @YotaFun ... just spent and hour doing paperwork and watching Blue Devil videos. As expected, results are all over the place. One mentioned that if you have exhaust in the coolant you need to pull the offending plug while letting it idle for an hour. That will be an angry hour for the truck. Do I need to pull the plug that is causing the pressure? I think it's #6 because I've been getting a recurring P0306 code and can feel a stumble at idle.

The system is already jacked. Looked like it had Bars in it when I got it from the PO. I've been purging and refilling with fresh water ~ once a month to get rid of the brown coloring and what looked like silt coming accumulating at the bottom of the radiator and in the overflow.

I have Koala's old engine I picked up from Bruce in the garage, but haven't even put it on the stand yet.

So, considering all of that, what would you recommend? I've already done half of the prep for it since I used the Prestone cooling system cleaner this past week and it has just distilled water in it now. It's consuming ~1/2 gallon of water per tank of fuel right now. No smoke, no power loss and temps stay under control as long as the system is full.

I have no experience with these band aids but if I had a motor on its last leg I'd think hard about giving it a shot.

Send It!
That's what I did with the brown truck, whether I was going to keep it or not, I have another engine I was going to put in eventually.

What the longest you have driven it at a time since the issue started? Are you getting coolant in the oil? are you pushing coolant out the overflow?

I was lucky enough to not get a mix and I wasn't pushing coolant if you aren't having either happen I think you should be good.

If you have the motor, and it runs decent (I only had a stumble on cold start up), top if off with some more water and we will see you bright an early on the trails Saturday! lol

I put many miles on it and have kept it running for several hours at a time while doing deliveries. I just got it back from the lift, so I was using it as my DD.

It's been running 190*F when full with water. Oil is just fine, I've been checking it daily. It seems to be consuming water out the top end, maybe pushing it out the back side or into the combustion chamber. I see no puddles on the ground. It just puts bubbles in the overflow and sounds like its brewing coffee after I shut it off, then it sucks the overflow dry as it cools.

Going to get the Blue Devil today and follow instructions and whatever happens happens. If it blows up on the trails someone can give me the tow of shame to the parking lot and I will call AAA. Or it will not work at all and make things worse. Pretty sure I bought it with a damaged head gasket and me cleaning the system out has allowed the leak to manifest again. When it looked like a muddy river it actually ran cooler than the LX450.

I put many miles on it and have kept it running for several hours at a time while doing deliveries. I just got it back from the lift, so I was using it as my DD.

It's been running 190*F when full with water. Oil is just fine, I've been checking it daily. It seems to be consuming water out the top end, maybe pushing it out the back side or into the combustion chamber. I see no puddles on the ground. It just puts bubbles in the overflow and sounds like its brewing coffee after I shut it off, then it sucks the overflow dry as it cools.

Going to get the Blue Devil today and follow instructions and whatever happens happens. If it blows up on the trails someone can give me the tow of shame to the parking lot and I will call AAA. Or it will not work at all and make things worse. Pretty sure I bought it with a damaged head gasket and me cleaning the system out has allowed the leak to manifest again. When it looked like a muddy river it actually ran cooler than the LX450.
You didn't damage it by flushing it, the bars leak lasts about two years. A friend of mine had a 5 Series BMW we did it to several times, just feed it more bars leak when the misfire reappeared.

Edit: I see the discussion has swiched threads, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom