New vendor "Bowfin Cruisers" and new 80 series roof rack option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I suppose that could be done but I am pretty happy with the way it is now. Most things heavy enough to need the roller are long enough to not be a problem. For now the direction of the kit will be as designed but from there it is certainly worth a look.

I suppose that could be done but I am pretty happy with the way it is now. Most things heavy enough to need the roller are long enough to not be a problem. For now the direction of the kit will be as designed but from there it is certainly worth a look.
I imagine the protective film idea is easier. If the item rubs the hatch when it is on the ground and resting against it, the moment you start rolling it forward and lifting it, it will stop contacting the hatch. The whole KISS method will also keep it light. I imagine those rollers are not super light.

Interested in roller. Time frame??

Got mine together this weekend. Talk about a no-fuss assembly. Great labeling of bolts and nuts and even left and right sides and clamps all labeled appropriately!

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

rack3.jpg

@Nobleone sent me some pics of his nice LX with the Bowfin rack in action. Thanks for the support!
IMG_5383.jpg
IMG_5247.jpg
IMG_5236.jpg
IMG_5044.jpg

Interested in roller. Time frame??

I don't have a definite time yet, or pricing. I am looking for a more bulk supplier than a regular boat parts supply house. I am planning on before the end of the year, which is coming up quick! There is so much R&D lying out there for me right now. 40 series rack, 55 series rack, 200 series rack, 4 runner rack (?), more accessories, etc. I love doing it, but I never seem to get the time I really want to do it.

I don't have a definite time yet, or pricing. I am looking for a more bulk supplier than a regular boat parts supply house. I am planning on before the end of the year, which is coming up quick! There is so much R&D lying out there for me right now. 40 series rack, 55 series rack, 200 series rack, 4 runner rack (?), more accessories, etc. I love doing it, but I never seem to get the time I really want to do it.
Patrick, I think lots of us would agree that you're doing one helluva job! I couldn't believe the quality of materials and the quality of design in the rack that I got from you. When I told my friend this was designed by a guy out of his home shop he was astounded.

Patrick I noticed here that in this pic your rack only has two center cross pieces on it. what have you been haulin? Also, we are enjoying watching that loaf of break Lab puppy grow.

I stole the other bars off of it for work on the fj40 rack and never put them back on. When I took that picture I had about 10 minutes to get it done before I had to hand over the keys to my daughter to go to work. She has been driving it because I have a bunch of work to do on her 80 (the green one) and haven't gotten it done. Had to do the picture with just a couple of cross bars.

Buddy the lab gets in lots of pictures because he is rarely very far away from me. He's an interesting side kick, but a good one!

Buddy got a nice ride on the Poughkeepsie Gulch wall with Ryan @ajax1 at Solid Axle Summit 2 in August.

Finally got my Bowfin on the truck. I can take my truck through the carwash for the first time in a couple of years! Right after, cruising on the highway, heard a couple of "THWANGS" when I'd hit a bump. Went wheeling yesterday about 50 miles of dirt with no issues till the last ten miles when the Thwanging got constant on the washboard. Sure enough, one loose bolt point on one side of the center cross brace. That was the side my buddy tightened down for me. Tightened it up and now silence.

BF3.jpg

BF4.jpg

Got longer square U-bolts (beefier too) from good ol' Ace and put a packasport on top. Solid as a rock. These roof boxes out of Bend, OR are all fiberglass, bullet proof, and last forever. This one is probably about 15 years old. You can also re-paint them. Next time it'll be Georgia Bulldogs Red.

IMG_1110.jpg

Got longer square U-bolts (beefier too) from good ol' Ace and put a packasport on top. Solid as a rock. These roof boxes out of Bend, OR are all fiberglass, bullet proof, and last forever. This one is probably about 15 years old. You can also re-paint them. Next time it'll be Georgia Bulldogs Red.

View attachment 1830048

Glad it fit. Looks great!

For a roller, wouldn't a piece of round stock screwed to the rack with some PVC pipe around it work? assuming you have no rear fin?

no just AAA-sized battery powered. $5.99 at Target or Lowes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom