2009 LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

92LXAZ

SILVER Star
Threads
I feel I found quite a gem. 130k miles, interior literally perfect. I'm amazed at it's condition, better than I could have imagined. There is some slight damage to the rear spoiler (will have to get that fixed) and a couple other defects maybe related to a light bump into something. Carfax clean however. It does have the radiator crack with spray all over so it's going right to CBT. Just pulling it into the garage from the street it feels unreal. So much to learn! Immediately washed it since it was quite a mess from the trip from Missouri. We'll see if anything else pressing is found. Get it baselined and enjoy.

Special thanks to Aaron @Riverrunner with Summit Auto Transport. Great service and super fast. Three days!

What a machine is all I can say. Extremely happy to be in a 200.

Features included were Lexus rubber floor mats and LED headlight bulbs installed by PO. AHC lift and larger rubber planned sooner than later.

20181013_164839.jpg

20181014_173600.jpg

20181014_174226.jpg

20181013_171206.jpg

20181013_171212.jpg

Last edited:
Your front seat bolsters look like mine when I bought it. if you want to fix them I wrote up a thread on it. Easy fix - the material just under the leather bunches up over time.

LX front seat side panels

Haha i hear ya. Got pretty lucky.

I keep track of almost everything, mostly, of what I do, big or small, great to look back on. Not anything extreme planned for this rig. 305/55/20 with 1" spacers in the works. AHC lift soon. Wire my Wits End battery cable (out of my 100) for the 63 qt ARB. Maybe a few more smaller things as I think of them, or learn of them here.

Pretty much baselined. New radiator and hoses, serp belt, tranny flush, power steering fluid flush, new rear rotors, front rotors machined, new pads all around, brake system flush, gear lube, drive shafts serviced, spark plugs. Turned to MUD member @murf at Camelback Toyota for excellent service. I'm ok with doing some things myself, however needed to get it road worthy quickly and of course they came through.

Replaced cabin air filter myself! No complications.

I'm sure it's been covered but again adding to thread for my own prosperity. Today replaced the rear hatch struts. Got THESE from Amazon. Figured could replace them about 8 times and still be at about OEM price. Not difficult if you remove the 3 torx screws to pull out the molding, you can then get a socket on easily.

Bolts hit the edge I found if molding isn't loosened. This pic is after loosening and pulled out, just showing how it would hit.

20181021_153658.jpg

Remove these 3 torx screws, T25 I think it was.

20181021_153716.jpg

The plastic circular clip to the right breaks. Not sure of its purpose.

20181021_153727.jpg

20181021_154901.jpg

20181021_154516.jpg

20181021_162619.jpg

I'll keep the covers on for now. Cleaned them up and bought New Clips, again from Amazon.

20181021_200651.jpg

Last edited:
Put over 300 miles on already in a 36 hour time frame from picking it up form CBT, to running to sons varsity football game, to younger son's 12U baseball tourney this weekend. Good timing. Loving the drive.

Missing the Maganflow tone of the 100 so that has been added to the list. May try leaving the resonator on this time...we'll see!

The resonator is pointless. Just so you know ahead of time. I cut mine off a couple weeks ago and literally no difference. If you replace the front and cats it would be interesting to seek a new final path out from under that is much shorter.

The resonator is pointless. Just so you know ahead of time. I cut mine off a couple weeks ago and literally no difference. If you replace the front and cats it would be interesting to seek a new final path out from under that is much shorter.

Did you ever weld on an additional pipe to route the exhaust to the rear or just leave it?
No difference in noise?
The stock point where you cut if off looks pretty stout.

I keep track of almost everything, mostly, of what I do, big or small, great to look back on. Not anything extreme planned for this rig. 305/55/20 with 1" spacers in the works. AHC lift soon. Wire my Wits End battery cable (out of my 100) for the 63 qt ARB. Maybe a few more smaller things as I think of them, or learn of them here.

Pretty much baselined. New radiator and hoses, serp belt, tranny flush, power steering fluid flush, new rear rotors, front rotors machined, new pads all around, brake system flush, gear lube, drive shafts serviced, spark plugs. Turned to MUD member @murf at Camelback Toyota for excellent service. I'm ok with doing some things myself, however needed to get it road worthy quickly and of course they came through.

Replaced cabin air filter myself! No complications.

I'm sure it's been covered but again adding to thread for my own prosperity. Today replaced the rear hatch struts. Got THESE from Amazon. Figured could replace them about 8 times and still be at about OEM price. Not difficult if you remove the 3 torx screws to pull out the molding, you can then get a socket on easily.

Bolts hit the edge I found if molding isn't loosened. This pic is after loosening and pulled out, just showing how it would hit.

View attachment 1815155

Remove these 3 torx screws, T25 I think it was.

View attachment 1815158

The plastic circular clip to the right breaks. Not sure of its purpose.

View attachment 1815159

View attachment 1815161

View attachment 1815165

Thanks for the pic. I've been meaning to do this; I ordered the exact same item and it's sitting in my garage.

I couldn't get the torx screw to loosen no matter how hard I tried.

Did you have to remove the rubber molding first?

Thanks for the pic. I've been meaning to do this; I ordered the exact same item and it's sitting in my garage. I couldn't get the torx screw to loosen no matter how hard I tried.
Did you have to remove the rubber molding first?

No mine came loose without problems. They were snug so have a some good leverage with whatever tool you're using. Looks to be all one piece so I don't think the rubber part separates, at any rate that wouldn't affect the torx screws anyway. Try using some penetrating oil and let it sit there for a bit.

Maybe in the stock system it is pointless, if you still have the stock muffler you wouldn't notice much difference. But with my experience...an aftermarket muffler like the Magnaflow I had on my LX470 it made a huge difference. Installed an 18" and kept the resonator on at first. Could sort of hear the muffler tone, but new right away it wasn't enough for me. The next week took the resonator off and that made all of the difference in the world. Sounded amazing. I may try this same approach with this rig. I would only replace the muffler, leaving the factory cats/piping in place as is.

Looking at your radiator I think you have the "Newest" of the new improved version.. not the older version.

Oh ok that's great then. Thanks for pointing that out.

Getting into the transformation. AHC lift, Magnaflow 14" muffler (retaining resonator). BORA 1" wheel spacers in preparation for 305/55s. Going wtih Falken Wildpeak AT3W which should be in at the end of this week.

Also replaced PCV valve. A little discrepancy on the part number but both seemed to check out. Original was 12204-30830 but when ordered 30810 also said fit an '09. New one didn't have green.

20181027_113246.jpg

20181027_151106.jpg

20181027_151444.jpg

20181027_204505.jpg

20181027_204532.jpg

20181027_172146.jpg
20181027_173058.jpg
20181026_160909.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom