Looking for replacement truck bed sides for 1983 Toyota Pickup Long Box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mudders,

I bought a 1983 Toyota Pickup long box this last summer, and while the bed is in pretty good shape, it's starting to rust and I want to get it fixed/replaced.

I've been looking online and there are a few aftermarket bed sides around, but none of which are long-bed length. Does anyone know of any refab sellers that have long-bed length bed sides for 1980-1983 Pickups?

Also, if I found a truck bed for a 79-Series Land Cruiser, do you think that'd fit?

Here's my truck:
IMG_6930.jpeg
IMG_6932.jpeg

here's a 79 series LC bed:
transautomobile-toyota-land-cruiser-vdj-79-45l-td-2150-710409.jpg

The Cruiser bed is a no-go. Too big. Best bet would be to get the rust in your bed addressed before it gets any worse. Nice truck by the way. I had a 1980 RN47 back in the day.

The Cruiser bed is a no-go. Too big. Best bet would be to get the rust in your bed addressed before it gets any worse. Nice truck by the way. I had a 1980 RN47 back in the day.

Thanks for the clarification! That would have been an expensive mistake haha.

And thank you! I'm in love with it. Just need to get that pesky rust fixed before a Nebraska winter destroys it for good haha.

I had a fiberglass bed made by B&G fiberglass out of trout run Pennsylvania. It was, at the time, the only fiberglass outfit that made US spec bed molds. I was going to have precision fiberglass make me one, but his molds were canadian spec and they fit different than the US molds. Make 100% sure of what your getting, there is a difference between US and Canadian beds.

Sadly B&G fiberglass was ran by an older man and I think he retired and so did the company. It was the best money I ever spent on my Toyota.

Here is a picture...

169173d1501528238-brand-new-box-84-88-bedsides-img_0091.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom