Builds The Adventure begins: Building an Arkana FJ45 Troopy three door. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could someone tell me where all of these silver and gold Thingies go because I have forgotten, the bad thing is, is that I have a lot more from the zinc coater, LOL.

DSC05415.JPG

Engine, Transmission, and Transfer case ready to go.

DSC04687.JPG

Chassis undercover waiting for power and torque to be installed.

DSC04693.JPG

Gotta Love Interco SS-M16 tires with bullets on them.

DSC04735.JPG

Chassis with the suspension all hooked up ready for the powerplant.

DSC04745.JPG

Here we go.

DSC04754.JPG

Dropping the engine and trans in.

DSC04762.JPG

Bad thing about adding an H55 5 speed Transmission with a Disc Brake parking brake.

DSC04763.JPG

Time for modification.

DSC04856.JPG

Cut, Chop, Slice, and then do it again, and weld. "We have the Technology to rebuild it"

DSC04858.JPG

Hopefully we have enough clearance, Clarence.

DSC04861.JPG

That's a tight fit! Presume you used the original transfer box? What about the cross member? Followed a few threads on the 5 speed conversion but still a little confused

That's a tight fit! Presume you used the original transfer box? What about the cross member? Followed a few threads on the 5 speed conversion but still a little confused

The transfer case was the one I purchased with the H55, the cross member was the original that came with the Troopy, worked with the 4 speed and fit the 5 speed just right. Cheers.

The great thing about being in North America is that you have a plethora of 60 series with rear axle mounted handbrake backing plates. In my experience this type is far superior.

Main Fuel tank powder coated in Hammered Grey, already with felt for installation.

DSCF2144.JPG

Long Range fuel tank with Hammered coating installed.

DSC04751.JPG

Under body with Raptor coating, Zinc plated lines, and powder coated straps ready for tank.

DSCF2124.JPG

My Great Friends Mark and Paul at Samco Sport supplied me with these Silicone hoses for the tanks that are specific for fuel with the inner lining made just for it. Cheers guys.
DSC05377.JPG

I am building this monster to last a very long time, this is the reason I chose special Silicone fuel hose and am using Stainless Steel brake lines, Stainless braided Teflon brake hoses, and Stainless Steel fuel lines so I don't have to worry about them rusting through and have a nice solid brake pedal with no flex from rubber hose.

DSCF2186.JPG

Thanks to Josh and the guys at ARB North America for the great looking Old Man Emu shocks and steering stabilizer, performs great and looks good.

DSC04925.JPG
DSC04927.JPG
DSC04929.JPG

This is one of my favorite parts on the Troopy, I don't know why, it just looks cool, a vacuum port that is finned for cooling.

DSC04932.JPG

I also like the Headers, Extractors for my Aussie mates, should help in producing more Torque for the heavy beast.

DSC04978.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom