Show me your 4-Linked FJ40 rear axle with stock T-case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reddingcruiser

Practicing for retirement
Threads
My winter projects include a 4-Link rear suspension. Though I originally thought I would go with an Atlas and sell my Orion, I would rather not take on the additional expense. Plus, I had my VERY low mileage Orion listed for months and only had interest from folks that wanted it for free. My new 5.3L and 4L60e chewed up a bunch of fun money.

So, I would like to see how others dealt with the offset diff and a 4-Link suspension.

FWIW, I would most likely use Ruff Stuff parts.

My winter projects include a 4-Link rear suspension. Though I originally thought I would go with an Atlas and sell my Orion, I would rather not take on the additional expense. Plus, I had my VERY low mileage Orion listed for months and only had interest from folks that wanted it for free. My new 5.3L and 4L60e chewed up a bunch of fun money.

So, I would like to see how others dealt with the offset diff and a 4-Lin80 k suspension.

FWIW, I would most likely use Ruff Stuff parts.
Proffits had a 4 link kit years ago and may still have it if you call them. They made a tower that was centered off of the diff. Personally I would just buy a long arm kit for a swb Jeep for the rear and make that work since wheelbase and design is fairly similar. I imagine the shocks and springs or coilovers would be pretty close to right on as well.
Anybody running Proffitscruisers rear 4 link kit? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Hey Dick,

Ruff Stuffs brackets and what not are nice. Depends on how much you want to triangulate the uppers. The nice thing is with the LC housing you can weld without messing with a cast center section. Search fc187 threads, should be pics of offset axles with links.
VooDoo( Phil P.) and/or Chris Larsen would also be good source of info. I thought Dan had a weld on bracket for the diff for the upper mounts ?

I know this thread was a while ago but I thought I'd put a few pictures up of a 4 link I did to my 40 series. I used an 80 series rear axle and custom made most of the bracketry. I used 80 series coils and they seem to work pretty well. I have since added 80 series rear bumps and moved the shocks out of harms way after destroying a couple where they were mounted originally. I tried to get a double triangulated 4-link and this was the best I could do. It is way less tippy than when it had leafs and it climbs way better since I extended the WB to 112". The last shot shows some new to me 39 reds on race lines I am attempting to run.
IMG_2244.jpg
IMG_2258.jpg
IMG_2249.jpg
IMG_2635.jpg

Crazy, but that spring was ok after that, so was the shock. I have great faith in the clamps I used to grab the springs after that incident. Even greater faith in the spring itself for surviving. It's still on there.

I took a truss from a front Dana 60 and modified it to fit a rear landcruiser axle. I can take a photo if you like.

RuffStuff used to make a rear truss for the 40 series axle. (or front truss I guess)

I used one on my FJ60 Bob. Let me see if I can find a pic.

Like this
IMG00206.jpg

And mine

rear-bridge-jpg.112999
ds-rear-suspension-elip-jpg.133922

rear-suspension-back-jpg.133921

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom