Correct gas cap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought a gas filler tube assembly (from a '71 FJ40) off of eBay for my '72 FJ40...

(fj40 toyota land cruiser Fuel Filler Neck | eBay)

I'm trying to find the correct OEM gas cap instead of a cheap plastic one from Autozone. The aftermarket gas cap from SOR doesn't fit.

Thanks for all your help.

I can't say for certain but my Ex left the gas cap for our 100 at the gas station. I had a check engine light on and decided to steal the one from our 1998 Honda mini van, until mine arrived. It worked perfectly and turned off the light. I would give it a go and see what comes of it.

7032EABD-626C-4F44-887A-F3D9B96D695E.jpeg

This is the one you're looking for.Discontinued from Toyota.I was able to find a new OEM from Man a Fre about 6 yrs. ago.Don't know of anyone that has one in stock.Try a want to buy in the classifieds??

Another question with regard to this filler assembly. I'm also looking for the coupler hose that goes between the filler tube and the fuel tank. There's a couple options for '71s on SOR and they're $85 each!

Scratch that. I clicked on the wrong item. Used hoses are $42 and aftermarket ones are $16.50.

So, I ordered the fuel cap that 71FFJ40 suggested above. It just arrived in the mail today and it fits perfectly! Thanks so much for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom