Dreams Brake Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
In a fxxxing heartbeat - how do we get such a kit built and where do I signup? I'm in the middle of deciding between Redline's Tundra upgrade or the 4Runner upgrade - but would take the Wilwood kit before those without a 2nd thought.

shane

I'm in

Unless rotor sized is increased, more pistons will not improve braking capacity. Properly set up, the stock brakes on our 60's can lock up the tires. That is max braking. More pistons might do that easier but it won't change the max value. What we're really up against is heat dissipating capability. The ability to absorb max braking heat repeatedly. Our tiny 13" rotors, loaded up with huge tires and 2,000 lbs of armor and gear, overheat and and warp. They will stop the truck: ONCE.

Larger, thicker rotors can handle multiple heat events. Of all the threads and comments I've read on this sight, the only true improvement in braking capacity I've seen is the larger diameter rotor of the Tundra mod.

Well I'm 17" wheels so I'm more than ok with rotor size increase .. and about locking tires .. top shape braking system check .. 40" tires .. no so much ..

This is not .. or at least not plan to be the same kind of thread ..

I would like to see this kind of kit

http://www.man-a-fre.com/pa3/Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit with Wilwood 6 Piston Dynapro Calipers.htm

for us 60 series users .. ( which can be replicated to 70 series users too ) with extra piston caliper to do a real upgrade for our front brakes ..

How many of us would be interested in something like this .?
The link no longer works to view the set up. Will try a google search.

If I encrease rotor size, pistons, and probably the MC, I too will need to encease wheel size from 15” to at least 16”. Is that an accurate assumption?

If I encrease rotor size, pistons, and probably the MC, I too will need to encease wheel size from 15” to at least 16”. Is that an accurate assumption?

most likely ..

most likely ..
Was that OB1 telling you to say yes, or do you actually know? Lol

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Saw SW in a drive in, in HI in I think 78? Maybe.

To run tundra rotors and calipers up front you need 17” wheels.

13WL Tundra calipers

Mountain Rotors for 2002 tundra

FROR bracket for Tacoma Brakes
Tacoma and 4Runner Brake Mounting Kit

You hubs will need to be turned down to accept the slip on style rotor. I used early minitruck /4Runner hubs. I’m not sure how the what the clearance is on the tundra rotors and 60 hubs.

Feel free to read through my build thread with more details.

FitzJ60 1983 FJ60 Build

Post #173

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom