Thanksgiving Run to AOP, Nov 18-21. (1 Viewer)

If you can attend, where would you like to go?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wheeling dates will be November 19-21, with early arrival on the 18th if desired (That's when I plan to roll in).

A small group of us used to hit The Cove every Thanksgiving. Now that a few of us have moved away it hasn't happened in a while. Josh will be in town and although I cannot set it in stone yet, I hope to be in town too.

Last edited:
Hey Steve,
If you are going to be in town and interested in several 55 Gal. drums of waste oil in Cartersville, Ga. I can hook you up!
Bring a trailer.
:beer:

I don care either way. AOP sucks when wet but we could divert to the the cover for a couple days. Chocco is much better when wet.

FYI, the Florida crew is planning an AOP or chocco ride for Nov. 8th

Hey Steve,
If you are going to be in town and interested in several 55 Gal. drums of waste oil in Cartersville, Ga. I can hook you up!
Bring a trailer.
:beer:
Wish there was a way to get them before Moab.

Get real, all our rigs will be beat to hell after the Utah trip, and none of us will feel like working on them( And some of us wouldn't know how!!!). LOL

By the way I might not make it to Utah theres to many crustaceans with my name on them up here in Henry's Cove Maine! :flipoff2:
12939.jpeg

You must not remember who I am Henry. After Moab I'm going back for Trail Hero, then, after a few days showing face at work, off to SCC.

Your compensating for something Steve! Lol

Your compensating for something Steve! Lol
Yes I am: Compensating for the inevitability of the onset of old age. In other words, I'm playing as much as possible while I'm still young! :flipoff2:

bump...

seemed to have a few interested in joining from last night. Typically we go up Friday and camp out Fri and Sat night, head back Sunday morning. Park is close to town so Pizza or Margaritas are nearby which means no need for grills or camp cooking unless you jus wanna.

Adventure Off Road Park

Located just outside South Pittsburgh, TN so it's relatively close.

This is the one I hope to make. Don’t think I can do the early Nov AOP ride. When I talked with John a few weekends ago, it sounds like it’ll be during the week leading up to Thanksgiving? Have specific dates been established?

Tagged for interest

I guess y'all are gonna be wheeling without me. I'll be at work in Texas on the 16th and 17th.

Cant say thats real surprising given the 3 weeks off but it was my understanding we were wheeling Monday and Tuesday the 19th and 20th.

Im assuming Sunday is a possibility as well but depends on when Josh flies in. Im headed to my parents place on Wednesday the 21st.

I'm confused. I said 18-21 but then you posted the following:
Typically we go up Friday and camp out Fri and Sat night, head back Sunday morning.
So is it still on for the beginning of the week?

And it's not my 3 weeks of vacation that prevents my early arrival, it's that I work two weekends a month where I am now, so almost no matter when I request time off there will likely be a work weekend on one end and I don't want to screw my coworkers on EVERY trip I take. :cautious:

Golden Mountain is closed as of last month with no reason listed

I'm confused. I said 18-21 but then you posted the following:

So is it still on for the beginning of the week?

And it's not my 3 weeks of vacation that prevents my early arrival, it's that I work two weekends a month where I am now, so almost no matter when I request time off there will likely be a work weekend on one end and I don't want to screw my coworkers on EVERY trip I take. :cautious:

I had it wrong early on i believe. Talked to john about it a couple weeks ago and it sounded like Josh wont be in until saturday or sunday so that means wheeling early part of the week. Also assumes AOP is open which they have accommodated this in the past. Still need to check though.

Golden Mountain is closed as of last month with no reason listed

Yup, property for sale too.

I should be at AOP Sunday afternoon, but I'm going to shoot for as early as I can so I can report trail conditions. If anyone else can come Sunday afternoon, or even that evening just for socializing, that would be cool.

See y'all in a few days.

Anyone have firewood? I do not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom