Help Needed for Crashed Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

USAA will throw a low offer initial, from what I have seen.

Also, it is interesting that the DS fender flare didn't crack or brake. Have you checked for fluid leaks? that would help assess some of the level of damage. If it didn't spew coolant and antifreeze and transmission fluid all over the road, that's a positive. Does it start and run?
Other positives: the windshield didn't crack/ spider, which indicates that the body itself didn't deform significantly. How do the doors open and close?

Insurance appraiser felt the frame was not damaged. The front passenger door opens just fine, but the driver door only opens part-way, as the panel got pushed backwards a bit. The vehicle still starts and runs, and was driven several miles home after the accident. No warning lights came on, and it does not appear to be leaking any fluid. There is a scraping noise when making a left turn; something rubs against the tire.

Just a heads up. Insurance appraisers rarely know anything about vehicles. The insurance companies seem to want them clueless to write low ball estimates in the hope that the owner takes the check and then doesn't go through with repair. Actual repair costs and supplements can easily double or triple the initial estimate. I did collision and restoration for years before switching to the mechanical side of things.

Maybe @OTRAMM can write up a realistic appraisal???

I was always the lackey in the back doing the actual repairs. I never wrote estimates. I just had to call for lots of supplements for glaring issues that were missed.

The insurance company doesn’t know this...

This might be the best idea Crusha had today!

Not by far...top five, maybe.

Want to know how to increase your IQ, prolong your erection, vape bourbon, bong ludes, or just live a life of self destruction?

Then you need to watch my Lifetime TV series “ Killin’ it wit Crusha”!

It’s Oprah approved.

Not by far...top five, maybe.

Want to know how to increase your IQ, prolong your erection, vape bourbon, bong ludes, or just live a life of self destruction?

Then you need to watch my Lifetime TV series “ Killin’ it wit Crusha”!

It’s Oprah approved.
Cant wait to see where this goes...……………..

I went and took a look at Christina's 80 this morning. In my opinion it was a $5500 truck before it was wrecked. The DS frame rail is bent in, the radiator has a leak and the fan pushed in and cracked the fan. There's what I'd call typical DC area rust but not as bad as I've seen. The sunroof has been leaking. The axles are not locked. I'd say if someone needed the running gear from this lowish miles (180k) cruiser it'd be a good pick up.

Here are a few pics.

IMG_9572.JPG

IMG_9573.JPG

IMG_9575.JPG

IMG_9576.JPG

IMG_9577.JPG

The seats are in pretty good shape. I thought the CE's had two tone like the 40th but I guess not.

IMG_9590.JPG
IMG_9581.JPG
IMG_9582.JPG

Many thanks for Patrick for coming out to see my poor old truck. I'll give it a couple of days on the for sale thread to see if anyone wants to buy it for parts, and if there is no interest, I'll let USAA haul it away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom