lx570 rides stiff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Weird phenomenon. On comfort mode my 09 LX now rides almost like its in sport mode (sport mode is stiffer still) but I swear it is not as smooth as before. Thoughts?

275/55/20 michelin defenders, 34psi, no changes. This feels like it happened in the last week or so. Only change I can think of is the temperature dropping form +25c to +5c in the last week
What tires and psi are you running? Any changes lately?

I'd bet its the cold weather but I don't know for sure. Do you have access to a techstream? You could check for error codes and check pressures in the AHC system. Any sign of leaking shocks?

A 20 degree centigrade drop will drop the tire pressures quite a bit. Softer ride results. Also, hydraulics will ignore such a drop. I would double check pressures. If it happened to me, I would first suspect me.

It's possible a suspension accumulator globe has failed. Firm ride symptoms were indicative of this in the 100-series. Check the manual to see how to troubleshoot. This is the first report I've seen for the 200-series, so I couldn't say exactly, but the test for accumulator globe health/failure, was to measure the number of graduations between L and H position.

Basically the easiest way to explain it is sport mode is stiffer but going from middle setting to comfort makes no difference

No leaking anywhere, mint shape. How would I check the pressures? I don't have techstream

I'd bet its the cold weather but I don't know for sure. Do you have access to a techstream? You could check for error codes and check pressures in the AHC system. Any sign of leaking shocks?

Personally I have found after driving 9-10 LX570s that they ride terrible without LT tires. Stock tires are super crap imho.

I have the LTX MS2s on my 100 and they are ok for highway use. Somehow the air ride was very finicky on 9/10 LX570s and I went with the LC instead. I drove @UCrazyKid LX570 and it was a nice ride. He had armour and KO2s. I have been conflicted ever since whether I like the LC more than the LX. I have been meaning to make a new poll about bumpers on a LX. It drives nicer on LX but its like bastardizing a benz imo.

I have lost my mind trying to figure out the ride finnickiness on the LX

Ive put 70k miles on it without any issues or quirks until this year

I have the LTX MS2s on my 100 and they are ok for highway use. Somehow the air ride was very finicky on 9/10 LX570s and I went with the LC instead. I drove @UCrazyKid LX570 and it was a nice ride. He had armour and KO2s. I have been conflicted ever since whether I like the LC more than the LX. I have been meaning to make a new poll about bumpers on a LX. It drives nicer on LX but its like bastardizing a benz imo.

I have lost my mind trying to figure out the ride finnickiness on the LX

maybe time to replace. 70k seems about life of the tires, I remember one set of michelins riding super rough when it was time to replace.

Hi, new to the site here, I know this is a very old thread, but did you ever find a solution to the harsh ride.? im having a similar problem, with my 2008 LC.
The problem is in the rear suspension in mine, has new AHC spheres and new shocks, tyres are new too.
Harsh on the road with little to no difference on sport and comfort settings.

Hi, new to the site here, I know this is a very old thread, but did you ever find a solution to the harsh ride.? im having a similar problem, with my 2008 LC.
The problem is in the rear suspension in mine, has new AHC spheres and new shocks, tyres are new too.
Harsh on the road with little to no difference on sport and comfort settings.
I'd try bleeding.
Then I'd try replacing the fluid.
These fixes should be around 2 hours and $100.

A problem is that the descriptions need to more detail. It doesn't have air-ride and I have found it is the opposite of finicky.

Is the fluid in the right range at the middle position? How quickly does it cycle? Try cycling through the entire range several times. Does it self-level? Put a big load in and see. Does the front self-level after driving and stopping at a light? This can be checked in 15 min. If it doesn't move that is a pretty clear diagnosis. If all that fails you have to do some techstream work or just take it in.

But if it had work there are now several reasons for this. Maybe wrong globes (whole chain on globe pressures), bad system bleeding, faulty proportioner either from bad machining or junk when installed, etc. Start with the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom