1st gen sequoia, what to beware of (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i'm considering putting mrs. kirvesmies into a 1st gen sequoia and my area of experience is 1st gen pick ups. other than the normal generic stuff to look for, what should i be looking for specific to sequoias? thanks for your time

I would look to see if it has a Optional TRD Stainless Steel Mesh Grill or not , if it does I would feel a whole lot better

DSCN8524.JPG

@RAGINGMATT matt, so if no trd mesh grill, you'ed consider it a deal breaker? but remember, chrome don't get you home.
@GreenMonster, timing belt i realize being 4.7 powered. but what did you mean with the co replaced? school me

@RAGINGMATT matt, so if no trd mesh grill, you'ed consider it a deal breaker? but remember, chrome don't get you home.
@GreenMonster, timing belt i realize being 4.7 powered. but what did you mean with the co replaced? school me

I was just kidding around , But TRD did make one for a Sequoia , It would Look RAD to put one on , and your Mrs. would get Lotz of compliments Too :)

I have a 2005 Double cab , and My main Gripe is the Crappy Leather quality , its coming apart at the seams for no paticular reason

I would Go Cloth interior if u can find one

Also , make Darn sure U buy a 2005-2007 with VVT and the black plastic intake & 6 speed ATM , the 2004 & Older are Dogs compared to them , and better fuel economy too

I added a Borla stainless steel cat back & K&N cold air intake , Best bang for your buck u can get , with a Air raid throttle spacer

`and co.` I mean't things like the water pump, pcv valve, spark plugs -- typical preventitive maintenance you do at t-belt replacement time.

I was just kidding around , But TRD did make one for a Sequoia , It would Look RAD to put one on , and your Mrs. would get Lotz of compliments Too :)

I have a 2005 Double cab , and My main Gripe is the Crappy Leather quality , its coming apart at the seams for no paticular reason

I would Go Cloth interior if u can find one

Also , make Darn sure U buy a 2005-2007 with VVT and the black plastic intake & 6 speed ATM , the 2004 & Older are Dogs compared to them , and better fuel economy too

I added a Borla stainless steel cat back & K&N cold air intake , Best bang for your buck u can get , with a Air raid throttle spacer
yeah, i'm fortunate, mrs. kirvesmies gets compliments without me havin' to spend $$$$ on bling n bolt ons.
i hear you on the leather. her '98 z71 has it n it's pretty much done.
thanks for the heads up on the '05-'07
oh by the way, i caught the kidding, was just practicing diplomacy, the ability to tell someone to go to hell n have them look forward to the trip(green flip off)

so, when i presented the idea of a sequoia to my bride, response was, "thanks, but i rather like the z71"
ookay, that saves me $$$$
thanks for the advice fellas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom