Winter wiper blade suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

So, I am trying to start getting my vehicle prepped for the upcoming winter and was going to see what blades you guys are using. I need to replace mine as the rubber is starting to fall off the blades at this point. I had ordered replacement refills but they got lost during the move. I am debating on whether I should reorder some more oem refills or go with an aftermarket blade here. I searched the forums and a lot of the info is pretty dated ~ 2010 is probably the newest. Anyway, any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Waiting to see the replies, have 5 sets to get myself. Have always used bosch, they're good but not perfect. And as an edit, why is it always the drivers side that streaks? Can be brand new and the sob's streak.

I used to use Anco? now if Costco has the Michelins in the correct size, I use them.

Are these the ones you are talking about?

Costco Wholesale

I'm still up in the air about which ones to get though, lol.

I have them on the 470 and the 100 series, haven't checked if they have the right size for the 62 series.

I just picked up a set of Toyota branded SightLine Hybrid from our local dealer that supports us with a discount $15.99 our price each. Lower profile than the Costco Goodyear and thats what I needed because the sprayer was hitting the wiper arm and not a lot of coverage on the windshield. I have been using the Goodyears for the past year with no complaints. Ice/slush build up is always a problem and I have found the solid body like the SightLine better at resisting that stuff as compared to a exposed frame.

Any new wiper blade is better than the old ones. Replace them more often and enjoy the view.

I am nerdy about a clean windshield... I have tried almost all the blades out there.

My favorite winter blades are the ones at Costco with the rubber shield on the backs... they seem to shed the weather better.

All around favorites are the Bosch micro edge, but if you park outside they might not be your best bet. Ron, these are the best streak free blades I have every used, but the edges are thin... thus the name and don't plow through heavy snow.

One last trick is to keep a good coat of rain-x on the windshield, it really helps with keeping the windshield clean (especially in bug season).

Take the above info knowing I haven't lived through a Montana winter yet. But did live in Colorado for 15 years.

I am nerdy about a clean windshield... I have tried almost all the blades out there.

My favorite winter blades are the ones at Costco with the rubber shield on the backs... they seem to shed the weather better.

All around favorites are the Bosch micro edge, but if you park outside they might not be your best bet. Ron, these are the best streak free blades I have every used, but the edges are thin... thus the name and don't plow through heavy snow.

One last trick is to keep a good coat of rain-x on the windshield, it really helps with keeping the windshield clean (especially in bug season).

Take the above info knowing I haven't lived through a Montana winter yet. But did live in Colorado for 15 years.

Thanks for all the info. Gives me more options to think about.

just put a set of bosch icon's on the diesel pu, probably try the anco extreme weather blades on the camry. might as well try a few kinds . Don't have to worry about getting any for Lori's fusion, insurance just totaled it due to mice!

NWB is my favorite. Same as Japanese OEM. Rubber lasts longer and fit is great edge to edge unlike aftermarket that typically don’t cover the outer edge of the passenger side in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom