Builds BoltRipper's 2-year Overdue Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man I would LOVE to test a set of these against my kings, Ive had radflos, slee 2.5s(ADS) and now kings if these really adjust enough to offset RTT and gear in a noticable way Id love to do a video on them. @cruiseroutfit

These replaced my Radflo shocks, that I liked, but just needed the increased adjustability.

Man I would LOVE to test a set of these against my kings, Ive had radflos, slee 2.5s(ADS) and now kings if these really adjust enough to offset RTT and gear in a noticable way Id love to do a video on them. @cruiseroutfit

Until King, Slee/ADS, Radflo, Icon, Slinky, etc. make an actual bypass shock for an 80, you'd be comparing apples to oranges. To my knowledge, the BP-51 is the only bolt-on bypass in the 80 game at this point.

You might check with ARB's marketing team direct. They are selling quite well so we would have zero budget to offer a test set, the manufacture would need to jump in there.

You might check with ARB's marketing team direct. They are selling quite well so we would have zero budget to offer a test set, the manufacture would need to jump in there.

Oh I wasnt looking for free.

You have done some fantastic work, and the commitment behind it is impressive, nothing looks rushed, everything done with care and thought. Just a question, I'm in the Huntsville area, and I noticed you're from Bham, are you a part of the Alabama Overland group?

You have done some fantastic work, and the commitment behind it is impressive, nothing looks rushed, everything done with care and thought. Just a question, I'm in the Huntsville area, and I noticed you're from Bham, are you a part of the Alabama Overland group?

Thanks for the comments - No, I'm not a part of that group

Ah sorry, I misinterpreted that. We get a fair number of inquiries from folks that want to "test" products on our behalf and they want them free :D

Holler if you would like to discuss a set, we should have the shocks and fitting kits in stock and Bryce can set you up. I'll personally be back in the shop in early October (currently driving around Australia in BP51 equipped Cruisers :D) and would love to personally set you up.

whats the O.D on those bad boys? Ive got blackhawks BUT I was snapped a slee UCA and the slinky rep met me in MOAB and hooked me up. those look serious.

RBF,

OD is 1.775"

J-

Reactions: RFB
Just a beautiful week here in Alabama - Its camping season and I'm loving the ALu-Cab GEN III

IMG_3104_zpswx4ih12y.jpeg

Props to Back Bay Customs for the tailgate lid...

IMG_3110_zpsirximdxk.jpeg

Radio Stack

IMG_3138_zpsf6ny6sbp.jpeg

And thanks to @NLXTACY for the cool Wits End Products... Love the SB 50 Mount for the Fridge.

IMG_3118_zpsxjgxibxa.jpeg

And the Scheel-Mann seats have been one of the best mods for me other than the 4.7L

IMG_3121_zps0mfxszts.jpeg

Cheers,

John-

Just a beautiful week here in Alabama - Its camping season and I'm loving the ALu-Cab GEN III

IMG_3104_zpswx4ih12y.jpeg

Props to Back Bay Customs for the tailgate lid...

IMG_3110_zpsirximdxk.jpeg

Radio Stack

IMG_3138_zpsf6ny6sbp.jpeg

And thanks to @NLXTACY for the cool Wits End Products... Love the SB 50 Mount for the Fridge.

IMG_3118_zpsxjgxibxa.jpeg

And the Scheel-Mann seats have been one of the best mods for me other than the 4.7L

IMG_3121_zps0mfxszts.jpeg

Cheers,

John-
those seats look like the seat surface is wider for folks with more "ample" butts is that a fair assesment

those seats look like the seat surface is wider for folks with more "ample" butts is that a fair assesment

Hmmm, how to say this... I'm 5'9" at 168 and my wife says I have "No" ass.... The seats are are not snug on me, but they do support the body very well. I think its just the camera angle thats making them look larger than they are.

Best,

John-

Hey John, are you still enjoying the seats? And how is the room behind those for the second row, it looks a little bit smaller than with factory seats?

Hey John, are you still enjoying the seats? And how is the room behind those for the second row, it looks a little bit smaller than with factory seats?

The seats are fantastic.. No complaints, no issues..

Rear is a bit less, but not by much.. If you need measurements, just let me know -

Best,

John-

Thanks, if you wouldn’t mind measuring from the back of front seat to the lip of the second row I’d appreciate it. I’ve got four boys, and they are growing non stop;)

Thanks, if you wouldn’t mind measuring from the back of front seat to the lip of the second row I’d appreciate it. I’ve got four boys, and they are growing non stop;)

Looks like 7" of space there with the way I drive.

Hope that helps ya...

John-

OK, I just read the back half of this thread and all I can say is WOW!
Now though, allow me to be the wet blanket. How the heck do you insure this rig? On site agent inspection and haggle over a value?

How do you like the hankooks? I’ve been looking at them for a while now. Awesome build by the way, I reall respect what you have done and how meticulous you have been. One day for me...

OK, I just read the back half of this thread and all I can say is WOW!
Now though, allow me to be the wet blanket. How the heck do you insure this rig? On site agent inspection and haggle over a value?

A trusted and long time Stat Farm Agent that went to bat for me. I had to produce 6 binders of receipts and photos....

How do you like the hankooks? I’ve been looking at them for a while now. Awesome build by the way, I reall respect what you have done and how meticulous you have been. One day for me...

Hankooks are gone now and just got a set of Toyo ATII... They were ok, just too loud for me as they aged..

Love the Toyo's ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom