Builds The Warthog - 1977/73 combo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm sure it's in here somewhere, but which headlights are those?

KC housings with Stark LED bulbs. They are bright as hell but high beam is not much.

Way better than any halogen but no focused high beam.

That said I love the performance of the City Racer LEDs but don’t like the look on my 55 or 40.

Yeah, that is where I'm at too, just cant put LEDs in the 55. Cruiser corps has some good looking H4 housings, but is all out. Look like yours, thats why I wondered. Thinking about doing the H4 housing with some good bulbs and rolling, but need to find a housing I like.

Those the plastic lenses?

Yeah, that is where I'm at too, just cant put LEDs in the 55. Cruiser corps has some good looking H4 housings, but is all out. Look like yours, thats why I wondered. Thinking about doing the H4 housing with some good bulbs and rolling, but need to find a housing I like.

Those the plastic lenses?

Yes. Amazon for both. I tried them with the brightest halogens I could find but they just are not LEDs.

You really don’t need brights with Them but you get flashed at with oncoming

Pig is getting some tunes. Again. Idle hands are the problem.

Some PO cut the entire radio area out. I had it covered with a shift plate so I used the same plate as a mount for the radio.

Slick setup. Now I get to do the “fun” part and crack open all the panels to get to the speakers I have in there.

F86EABB2-E6C6-4FE6-A3FB-13670B5F6635.jpeg

FB71D147-3AF0-4CD6-BD70-4AB3A5937FB6.jpeg

0D71F130-0932-4C44-A205-C68B60EE289E.jpeg

9A28429C-6E71-4BCE-9FE7-983742E1CF89.jpeg

3920EFD1-3D76-4CAD-858E-FA70157AF2D0.jpeg

Hope your not cutting up good factory door cards...

Hope your not cutting up good factory door cards...

No I already had the cut cards. Speakers were installed to fill the holes long time ago. Just decided to put a real stereo in.

With new weatherstrip. New hinges and This Noico liner the doors sound like a vault shutting. Even put some plastic in there for fun

C4B7A397-474B-49B7-8189-E6488895FD5D.jpeg

No speakers in the back doors but Noico going in there too

1C2672C6-ECF4-46A8-8BB0-ED2D6AF642BA.jpeg

I spent about 10 hours on this project today but now I have really really nice tunes in the Warthog. This head unit is really nice. I got the $200 model with just a rear input for MP3 but the @Cruiser Corps antennae works great so radio is in the table too.

It took 6 sheets. I think a box has 8 sheets.

This was before I did the rear quarters. Impressive difference.

Clearly that door is caked in bondo ;)

So thats what an uncut inner door skin should look like....

Robbed the chrome gutter trim off the 78. This stuff really killed a lot of FJ55s trapping water.

I know it’s silly because, after all, it is just the Warthog but it was bugging me that I painted the gutters roof color when they were supposed to be white.

I just fixed that.

Since they came off the round door I had to trim them to end at the top and not make the curve down.

DA58AFF4-0E9F-4B1E-B191-88FE10EF8F26.jpeg

F735EA39-D339-4475-8FCB-6845068BAB98.jpeg

You. Never. Sleep.

You. Never. Sleep.

Not much but it’s too hot to farm. I’ve got lots of that to do that’s stacking up so I need to finish up a couple Cruiser projects quick like.

This will be on the to-do list at some point. Love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom