dissent offroad 2003 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

subbed

Loving the new front bumper. Is this the only version that you will offer in the future or will this be offered in addition to the current design?
Thanks.
Depends on what people want.
I personally like the new design better.
It would be ideal if this replaced the current version but am not apposed to keeping the old style in production needed.

If you install a winch, can you please take some pics of what needs to be trimmed on the truck?

Ben you should offer the “Ultimate Dissent Package” for people to order everything you offer in a single package! Would eliminate a bunch of endless emails and PMs on the forums which I’m sure you get haha! Pretty sure everyone wants everything anyways!

A water tank where the spare tire used to be, would be nice!

I have been looking for something like this. There is already a thread where someone built one. It would just require fab work and Ben's attention to detail for tweaking the design...

Ben you should offer the “Ultimate Dissent Package” for people to order everything you offer in a single package! Would eliminate a bunch of endless emails and PMs on the forums which I’m sure you get haha! Pretty sure everyone wants everything anyways!

What he said!

Someone posted a video of a rolled LX in another thread and it showed the undercarriage in great detail. The thing in the spare tire location got me thinking....What about a removable aux water tank in that location? You could even integrate the factory tire winch to aid in removal. Obviously you would want something hard-sided instead of a bladder to avoid punctures, but I was thinking a tank that would fit there plus a small water pump and a spigot near the trailer hitch (with everything connected via quick-disconnects) would be a pretty cool setup. Then when winter rolls around you can drop the tank to avoid water freezing inside of it and cracking. Just a thought, maybe not worth anything.

Undercarriage.JPG

IMG_1392.PNG
After tomorrow all items except the roof racks will be manufactured 100% in house! This should speed up production and prototyping tremendously.
We are now looking at days for prototype to production rather than months.

View attachment 1782976 After tomorrow all items except the roof racks will be manufactured 100% in house! This should speed up production and prototyping tremendously.
We are now looking at days for prototype to production rather than months.
That is awesome! ! !

Someone posted a video of a rolled LX in another thread and it showed the undercarriage in great detail. The thing in the spare tire location got me thinking....What about a removable aux water tank in that location? You could even integrate the factory tire winch to aid in removal. Obviously you would want something hard-sided instead of a bladder to avoid punctures, but I was thinking a tank that would fit there plus a small water pump and a spigot near the trailer hitch (with everything connected via quick-disconnects) would be a pretty cool setup. Then when winter rolls around you can drop the tank to avoid water freezing inside of it and cracking. Just a thought, maybe not worth anything.

View attachment 1778483

Where can I find this post you mentioned... Thx

Full strength sliders, tight to the body with a touch of a step and a little flare near the rear!!! Sign me up! Your take on the optimal slider would be fine by me too! Sliders!

Full strength sliders, tight to the body with a touch of a step and a little flare near the rear!!! Sign me up! Your take on the optimal slider would be fine by me too! Sliders!
The plan os for more of a heavy duty high clearance running board style slider.
I now have a brake that should bend what I need to accomplish this.

I like the idea of a light but strong high clearance slider. I currently have Phil's rock rails installed and have not yet touched a rock with them. The clearance seems to be the key. But I also wouldn't want to be in a spot where I needed to pivot off them or actually slide across them. I looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom