Kimberley Karavan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's definitely not the Beverley Hillbillies.:hungry:

You'd be surprised.......:lol:

I almost pulled trigger, yet again, on ordering a new Karavan this year. And even though Brad has not experienced lift mechanism failure AFAIK Dutch's, et al in AU, experience with same...yanked the gun out of my hand.

I almost pulled trigger, yet again, on ordering a new Karavan this year. And even though Brad has not experienced lift mechanism failure AFAIK Dutch's, et al in AU, experience with same...yanked the gun out of my hand.

Brad has had his 5 years with no issues. Dutch leaves his outside all 4 seasons. Brad has his covered in Arizona and mine is in my garage so no issue. Dutch has also identified the place water gets in and how to seal to prevent. I wouldn't let that stop you, especially if your going to keep it covered or inside. Out of the thousands of those Karavans sold, only a few have had the cable problem and like I said Dutch has identified the fix. There is a forum like this for Karavan and Kruiser owners that is really helpful

Who did you work through to get these imported into the US?

Kimberl
Who did you work through to get these imported into the US?

Kimberley directly. They have an import license. It is pretty easy. They work all the paperwork for import and give you a title you can take your your local DMV for registration. No extra fees or paperwork is required on your part

They ship directly to the port of Long Beach. You can either pick it up there or arrange your own shipping from there

I worked directly with the owner Bruce Loxton. We discussed what options I wanted and he sent me a quote. Once you put a deposit down they begin work on your unit and send you pictures as the build progresses.

They build it wired for the US as part of their Import License with a US VIN

Last year I replaced the jockey with the XO Off road Jockey. The link tells you all about it Off-Road HD 1650lbs Trailer Jack - The XO Trailer Jack

IMG_0216.JPG
IMG_0217.JPG

also had some more good times camping next to Cdan
DSC02295.JPG

Last edited:
I also installed one of Equips Alu- Box. I first tested it with straps and have since bolted it on permanently
ALu.JPG

there happend to be 3 Kimberleys at Cruise Moab this year
DSC02293.JPG

The owner of the company got divorced a year ago and due to poor decisions by him and the partner who took over they are in Liquidation. Thankfully there is a forum like this for Karavan owners to help if things break down in the future. So far no issues at all

Since Kimberley is being resurrected and will focus on Karvans and Kampers at least right away I thought I would post some pictures of my trip last week through parts of Colorado, Wyoming and Utah. It pulled great and never was the source of any slow downs. I was the only one with a trailer

We also went over some rough trail with medium sized boulders and mogals but no one took any pictures
kK1.JPG
KK2.JPG
KK3.JPG
KK4.JPG
kk5.JPG

Kimberley Kamper is no longer Factory auction in a couple of weeks. Every thing being sold.

It was too bad that the person who owned the IP and moved it offshore wouldnt make a deal to allow the company to continue. It's an awesome product and better than anything you can buy here in the states. I am glad I have one no matter the fate of the company

Since Kimberley is being resurrected and will focus on Karvans and Kampers at least right away I thought I would post some pictures of my trip last week through parts of Colorado, Wyoming and Utah. It pulled great and never was the source of any slow downs. I was the only one with a trailer
]
What trail? How many miles? I'm heading to Colorado to pick up a Uev490 in November and looking for an awesome trail to navigate! Thanks. Here is the thread to document my trip: Overland Expo East Nov 9-11 2018

It was multiple trails with some pavement in between. Not a path I would travel alone with a trailer as there area couple of spots it is easy to get hung up on. This is essentially the path
Route.JPG

A friend of mine buying a Karavan reminded me I hadn't updated this thread

I swapped out my Solar Controller for a Victron 50/100. I wanted to be able to use the app to see how the panels on my roof are working and I also added the Blue Tooth dongle to the Battery monitor so I could monitor that as well from the same app

This supports my current setup of 240 watt panels and if I want to add or upgraded in the future.
Screenshot 2020-03-14 at 12.22.11 PM.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

I then swapped the two 100ah AGMs for 3 100aH Battleborn Lithium Batteries. Battleborn had the best temp specs and protection circuitry from my research .

I put two in the stock location behind the panel and added a battery tray for the third one. Likely don't need the generator, but someone else might :)
IMG_0268.jpg

I was tempted to upgrade my panels to 400Watts, but then testing the system and looking at the panel charge and estimating draw, I could likely go for well over a week without having to connect and external power source. Note the system will charge from the vehicle when driving and there is the generator if ever needed. I will upgrade the panels one day, but not for a while

For now the Cruiser and Karavan take me where I want to go
Karavaning.JPG

Looking good Ken.I like the Victron controllers. Our Kamper is still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom