Km3's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Costco Maui said my set was the first they'd seen. After tearing through ko2's on lava over the last 3 years I decided to try some mud tread. Liking the look, a bit louder and rougher to drive but I wasnt looking to drive an old lady car .

20180911_171757.jpg

20180912_082945.jpg

20180911_171738.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to see theres another mudder on maui. I got KO2 285/65/18 from costco. Theyre great so far. I thought about Km3s but I drive a lot of daily miles so stuck with the all terrains.

IMG_7220.jpg

Costco Maui said my set was the first they'd seen. After tearing through ko2's on lava over the last 3 years I decided to try some mud tread. Liking the look, a bit louder and rougher to drive but I wasnt looking to drive an old lady car .

View attachment 1788359

View attachment 1788360

View attachment 1788361
"A bit louder & rougher"...

But they look cooler - that counts for something right?

Is that the 285/75r16? Really do look great on your truck

Would love to hear your opinion in 10k miles - keep us posted

"A bit louder & rougher"...

But they look cooler - that counts for something right?

Is that the 285/75r16? Really do look great on your truck

Would love to hear your opinion in 10k miles - keep us posted
Yup 285's. I wanted to go to 295's but bfg doesnt make these in 295's plus I worried about rubbing with the negative offset in the scs wheels. All in all I'm stoked on them. And yes looks count for 90%

Glad to see theres another mudder on maui. I got KO2 285/65/18 from costco. Theyre great so far. I thought about Km3s but I drive a lot of daily miles so stuck with the all terrains.

View attachment 1788408
Ko2's were awesome. I go down to kanaio quite a bit along with heavy offroad for hunting and the ko2's were shredded after 17k miles. But I never had a sidewall blow out.

20180911_144818.jpg

20180911_144811.jpg

Ko2's were awesome. I go down to kanaio quite a bit along with heavy offroad for hunting and the ko2's were shredded after 17k miles. But I never had a sidewall blow out.

View attachment 1788622

View attachment 1788623
Dang. I've put 55k miles, with a lot of off-road miles, on mine and they still are at 10/32. That rock out there must be super abrasive.

edit: got 79k miles of that set of 275/70/18 E rated KO2s. Replaced them with another set.

Last edited:
There was plenty of depth left just lots of chunks gone. Muds should hopefully hold up better.

View attachment 1788408
Let me know if you ever want to go offroad. Kanaio use to be a great mission, the road is much better than it use to be, which kind of sucks lol. But with guys that don't know what they are doing going down there and all the rain we've been getting, I'm sure it's getting torn back up and more technical. Good spot to bring the kids fishing etc...

Nah different island.
I had much better wear with a set of KM2's on my 80 series after blowing through a set of KO2's on the rocky terrain here in the desert of AZ. It's not as bad as your lava rocks but I'd bet you're going to be pleased.

Mind giving us an update?

How have these km3’s treated you? Road comfort, braking, acceleration, wear & tear?

I just added 285/75r16s to my 2001 LX470, and the only difference I have noticed with mine is a little more road noise. It is a very low-level humming that I was quickly able to forget about after about 20 minutes of driving on the highway. As for ride comfort, I can't tell the difference between these and the old set of passenger tires that were on the LX when I picked it up a week ago. The LX rides the same to me, even the steering wheel feels the same. I thought there would be a little vibration, but haven't noticed it after a 200-mile trip, cruising at about 75mph. I am still running AHC, so that is probably factoring into the ride comfort a bit.

So wait, you're saying my stock LTXs aren't good for lava rocks? Damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom