Shipping from Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gilmorneau

SILVER Star
Threads
So...I've been in Australia for 6 months, and now I finally get back to the USA and one of my contacts over there has found something I'm looking for. I realize that, strictly speaking, this is a tech forum, but I know there's a lot of 70-series coming over from Australia and I'm wondering if anyone has a car coming over soon they could throw an extra part into for me, or if anyone knows of a container coming over, or really any efficient and cost effective way to get a body panel to the USA from Australia. Any help appreciated. PM or public. thanks!

I would like to know also. There was some parts I wanted from AUS but shipping is a pain due to the odd size.

I suggested AustoUsa as they have containers going back and forth frequently and Phil's quotes were very reasonable. There is the off chance there will be room in a partial container load for a new venture in the next couple of months.

I remember years ago people buying cruisers in Australia would offer space in the vehicle to help with shipping cost. I understand they have cracked down on that and item has to be shipped separately. Phil confirmed that last year when I had a transmission, transfer case and associated parts shipped from Australia to the US.

He was out of town, but finally got back to me. Said he could help and even had a reasonable rate. Sadly, the parts I wanted to get were long gone by the time I heard from him. I'll keep him in mind if anything else comes up, though.

He emailed me also. Thanks everyone.

So...I've been in Australia for 6 months, and now I finally get back to the USA and one of my contacts over there has found something I'm looking for. I realize that, strictly speaking, this is a tech forum, but I know there's a lot of 70-series coming over from Australia and I'm wondering if anyone has a car coming over soon they could throw an extra part into for me, or if anyone knows of a container coming over, or really any efficient and cost effective way to get a body panel to the USA from Australia. Any help appreciated. PM or public. thanks!

If one of your contacts could pick up and hold on to your items would probably make the whole process easier. Someone picked up my items. Washed and secured them to a pallet. Then shortly before the container was scheduled to leave delivered it to port. Can't remember the exact time but think about two months past from buying the items until the container left Australia. Make the time passing a lot easier knowing it wasn't sitting at Port that long.

AUStoUSA doesn't seem to be interested in handling a request I have so I am wondering if there is any other option for shipping parts from Australia?

AUStoUSA doesn't seem to be interested in handling a request I have so I am wondering if there is any other option for shipping parts from Australia?

How big of parts are you talking about? Smaller parts have someone mail them to me. Have some larger parts over there now I need to have shipped at some point and figured would just use AUStoUSA. Not in any hurry and figure would be later this year. Considered looking at buying a vehicle and just shipping them in the back but heard they put a stop to that practice.

Interesting given my email stated:

We would charge U$100 to ship to our Petersburg VA 23803 warehouse.

You can arrange a courier from there or we can at your cost.

Even though it would be held down on the Cruiser tray with with appropriately rated ratchet
straps ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom