Delta rear panhard bracket (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bracket installed
93B5310E-236F-4034-9A06-B08DB0CE27C6.jpeg
Poseur shot why not
4422A46C-7A6B-442E-A385-073229393C23.jpeg
Got my delta bracket today from last week scratch and dent sale. Bracket showed up nice and protected although the box was blown out in the corner from the mail man. Instructions were included but this is pretty self explanatory.
Install went pretty easy and everything lined up no problem. I have old Man emu J springs in the rear which give me prob 5 to 5 1/2 inches of lift. My rig is pretty light only tools and spare tire in the back, no seats in 2nd or 3rd row. The panhard was at pretty good angle and now sits at about half the angle it was. I’m about to change all my springs out just waiting for them to show up. I’m going with a 4 inch spring which should put me inch lower in the rear since these will be true springs. This should put panhard a touch more higher.
First impressions of driving my truck is real nice. Bumps in the street feel way better and more controlled , I flexed up on some rocks and had no issues tucking either side of my 37s, in the past I believe the pass side would hit the frame at full tuck, no longer the case. Truck now drives very tight, between new upper and lower metal tech arms, Slee front arms, new bushings in panhards trucks drives better then ever and this bracket def made a world of difference. Will post back once I’ve had some trail time.
One issue on mine is that at drivers side rear tuck the panhard bar touches the exhaust no biggie really.

Out of curiosity, is Delta smart enough to include METRIC sized hardware? Or do they ship with SAE sizes instead?
I recently ran across an issue with a lift kit from Camburg for Tundra where they only include SAE hardware...ugh.

Once you go Delta, you can't go back :D

Is there a difference between using this bracket vs a longer/adjustable panhard rod ?

Is there a difference between using this bracket vs a longer/adjustable panhard rod ?

Yes, Not the same results and if you have ~3" of lift after raising your panhard mount no adjustable panhard is needed

By raising your panhard bracket on the axle end you -
Change your rolling axis for better cornering and less body roll
Return your axle to center under the truck
Remove the side to side you experience with your panhard at an angle prior to raising.

To purchase click here

So with a true 3" of lift measured hub to fender, you just can slap this bracket in and use stock bar without having to fiddle with adjustable panhard?

Sounds good to me.

So with a true 3" of lift measured hub to fender, you just can slap this bracket in and use stock bar without having to fiddle with adjustable panhard?

Sounds good to me.

Yes that was my results with a hub to fender measurement of ~23.5"

Also no issues under full articulation

I1OJBefl2xIjF_cDZM1ELBDT2jGehGtH3pi28ay_vqGu_gaZ71BN0Ses9r0D9BDW92DgEpCQeyRlp3Fd1m9sobp0BEgwC97h8fPfG-0_WVpyoF7mOhegqBt7nO0r8dRx7SeBq0_zhinBgcNKDRu1A7yqSW95HyrurEc4RspNM_LiCpUJmvzVoZqHtX52mkoEuFJVW9oriDQ0M30831jj5G6jEYp1jVmQ50ho2getksr6DdbIZfdy3LWYE5iPzCODSnSggJ0SpSk9pguvSSoNcr9Ov7X6PHPBI1bzyz-C-XpqQiYc4oDVU3iH-y9sIrhhXgVdvvYDVDut6LuP_OrUDWNRvLBRyBFuh93aNLsCxNYGjF7HDUs5Ylic2jub_H1Iwv9mspegi1fQWGgwxT1YQTbED-h37hb99dnlOlRWLNn18c9QlHlPqKVD73THFzcA-JRPv_8Vcvs6equjxq7Hgc95Y1J_9WT8HspyYIantQKarDDosiQ1Dgjiw-EgflrMiyAF1ZTqG-5qb_zceqZgPOoPozUiFvWz4ZN3wpzkW4CQCjE8GgkYUzgkHVAc1ir6JAYEbDtbxqfdHIm4bGZuCfqa9C1FTtxxYt_3t-8lQhGiYjemItxqKaz0lWLZi0Qv=w1415-h943-no

Good info ! is there another way to measure the amount of lift ? I don't have flares anymore , and I recall seeing somewhere some specs on the distance between the bump stops and axle. But can't find it now

It has been 11 years since I put the lift, but I think I am at about 3in, but will be nice to confirm

Thanks !

Paraphrased from Delta's thread on the panhard bracket.... On level ground measure ground to center of panhard bolt on the chassis side (dim 1) measure ground to center of panhard bolt on axle side (dim 2). Subtract dim 2 from dim 1. This number is dim 3. Later in the thread they reckon stock is about 1.5" based on measuring what looks to be a stock truck. So dim 3 minus 1.5" would be the number to use to determine which bracket is suitable (3" or 5"). So, if your dim 3 is 4.5", the 3" bracket would make your panhard "angle" pretty close to design. At least that's the way I understand it.

I sit on j springs rear 26 inches front 25 inches, flareless measured from the center of hubs to center of the outside edge of fender

Nope! The 11s are just higher strength. They didn't exist when our trucks were built either.

Pretty sure these rigs came with 11's for brake caliperbolts and the 1996 FSM lists torque specs for them ?

I stand corrected. Forgot about these.
Also, there are some bolts in existence with a "13" which are stronger even.

Pretty sure these rigs came with 11's for brake caliperbolts and the 1996 FSM lists torque specs for them ?

I sit on j springs rear 26 inches front 25 inches, flareless measured from the center of hubs to center of the outside edge of fender

Bar room napkin will put you within 1/4" off center.:meh:

The improved rolling axis and no side to side makes its all worth it

link ► Land Cruiser Products - LCP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom