80 series double din cd/radio upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I was thinking it was time to upgrade the cd/radio in the old 80 series and managed to get my hands on a double din unit from a newer model.
the new one is the fujitsu ten pzq060-00051 out of a 2012 landcruiser.
UBBxc3b.jpg

The plugs were exactly the same as the 80 series factory one.
I thought id also connect a reverse camera, so i purchased n ebay one and got the plug that converts the rc-plug to a 4 pin.
VcZ0r58.jpg

Unfortunately I can't find the video inputs and trigger pin on the plugs. I've done heaps of searching but cant seem to find the information.
K9x8s8J.jpg

Does anyone know of an adapter to go from 4 pin camera to 10 pin fujitsu cd?

thanks
Greg

planning to do a radio upgrade on my 96 land, any advice on bypassing the factory amp? or just leave it

Hello,
I was thinking it was time to upgrade the cd/radio in the old 80 series and managed to get my hands on a double din unit from a newer model.
the new one is the fujitsu ten pzq060-00051 out of a 2012 landcruiser.
UBBxc3b.jpg

The plugs were exactly the same as the 80 series factory one.
I thought id also connect a reverse camera, so i purchased n ebay one and got the plug that converts the rc-plug to a 4 pin.
VcZ0r58.jpg

Unfortunately I can't find the video inputs and trigger pin on the plugs. I've done heaps of searching but cant seem to find the information.
K9x8s8J.jpg

Does anyone know of an adapter to go from 4 pin camera to 10 pin fujitsu cd?

thanks
Greg

hi,did you solve this problem,im trying to do exactly what you were trying to do,ive got the same model head unit and want to connect my existing rca type camera cable to this head unit

im trying to fit the same stereo head unit into my toyota allion car,but my existing reverse camera has rca plug, how did you get yours connected,i presume it needs to be connected to the 20 pin plug somehow

The camera should have more than just one wire/cable.
The RCA cable is the video signal carried from the camera to the headunit.
There should be another wire to power the camera on when you are in reverse. Usually people get power from the reverse light.
There should be one more wire to trigger the headunit to switch to video mode and it is dependent upont your brand of headunit. Some are orange/white, others are purple/white. Some have a separate plug, others are part of the wire loom which plugs into the back of the headunit.

You need to look at the manual the headunit came with and figure out which one it is in your case.

There should be another wire to power the camera on when you are in reverse. Usually people get power from the reverse light.
There should be one more wire to trigger the headunit to switch to video mode and it is dependent upont your brand of headunit. Some are orange/white, others are purple/white. Some have a separate plug, others are part of the wire loom which plugs into the back of the headunit.

You need to look at the manual the headunit came with and figure out which one it is in your case.
unfortunately my car is an import from japan,the stereo toyota PZQ60-00051 was removed from a 2012 toyota highlander, there is no wire plug in the loom for either the 20 pin plug hole or the adjacent 12 pin plug hole, the rca cable has a red trigger wire, and the live input wire and the shielded earth wire, what im trying to figure out where in these 2 plugs do those wires go to,

im only wanting to use am
n rca type camera lead to pzq60-00051, i only need to know which pins in the 20 pin plug in the back of the stereo are used for the rev camera, i believe its the 4 bottom right pins pin 20 yellow.pin 19 white.pin 18 red, and pin 17 black, can any one confirm pse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom