BORA 3/4” Wheel Spacers Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nay

Threads
A major shout out to Custom Wheel Offsets who worked with BORA (Bulletproof Offroad) to make me a custom set of 3/4” spacers at no additional cost to the standard ones.

The standard product has the usual hub centric lip for Tacos and other later model Toyota rigs, and the custom version has the flat mount surface we need while fitting tight over the hub centric raised lip on the 80’s hubs.

I needed to drop to 3/4” from 1” spacers to eliminate some remaining rubbing on the fender lip with the larger than ko2 STT Pro tires, and I didn’t want to trim more just because of a market limitation on spacer widths.

Here’s some pics - the custom fit is obvious here, dare say it’s hub centric spacer to hub.

01C97449-C09D-4B58-9DCC-AB8A3393ED9B.jpeg
674696C7-DFA3-4A38-A1C2-E8E0F99B7555.jpeg
28470CF9-EA91-433E-9032-7D930B30D972.jpeg

My rims are 17x8.5 -6mm so 4.5” backspace like stock, net 3.75” with the spacers.

No concerns with the hub studs sticking out past the spacer.

4E495E3B-B293-47E2-890D-8899535F1C5C.jpeg

I bet BORA would be happy to do some group buy production runs for people who want a spacer actually designed for the 80 like these - the president of the overall company reached out to me directly to ensure we were on the same page as to what I needed.

Awesome.

you may know this already - motorsport-tech makes the BORA spacers - call Lenny, the owner, and he can make you what you want. I had a set 3/4" made for my 200 a while back
and it was just over a hundo including shipping

you may know this already - motorsport-tech makes the BORA spacers - call Lenny, the owner, and he can make you what you want. I had a set 3/4" made for my 200 a while back
and it was just over a hundo including shipping

Yep - it was Lenny who reached out to me after I pinged Custom Wheel Offset.

I paid $190 + shipping for all 4 - a bit hard to believe how simple this was to get a perfect custom fit made after all the years if nobody making spacers specifically for the 80.

No reason I can see why they can’t do this in every available width while retaining the custom fit over the 80 hubs.

Last edited:
Do you really need the spacers at all? I run 37" STTPros on virtually the same spec wheel with no spacers at all. Just barely kisses the frame on the inside of the rears and does rub the paint off the inside of the fenderwells, but who cares? I still keep my flairs this way with only trimming the trailing edge of the rear fenders where the mud flaps used to mount.

Do you really need the spacers at all? I run 37" STTPros on virtually the same spec wheel with no spacers at all. Just barely kisses the frame on the inside of the rears and does rub the paint off the inside of the fenderwells, but who cares? I still keep my flairs this way with only trimming the trailing edge of the rear fenders where the mud flaps used to mount.

I can wheel them without spacers with minimal rubbing as you note, but I don’t like the more tucked in stance offroad in particular.

I ran without spacers back in May on 21 Road right after I bought the STT Pro and dinged three of my corners. I’m sure I could get used to it, but I’d rather have the spacers for stance and the ability to spare in the event of a busted lug.

Personal preference for sure, but after I sell my 1” spacers I’ll only be out $100 or so for the tuned result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom