Fall Gathering 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a question/comment
I noticed last year we didn't have portable toilets outside, is there a plan to get them for this year?
The bathrooms were busy especially in the morning.
Thanks

Thanks for bringing it up. Blue Cruiser? Blue Potty? hmmm?
I totally hear you. Your alone out there. Nothing worse than a line in the morning after a hard night of grilling and BBQ.
If you want to do a little research on pricing it out that would be great. I will check the budget and see if it can happen.
If we have a big turnout it would be added bonus to have some extra relief.

Slow day at work
So I called a company in Henniker, NH and I requested a quote
Standard portable toilet with LED lighting is $135 - 4 day rental
Delivery charge is $35

Total cost for 2 units $305
I guess the turnout will determine if we need them.

Not entirely sure if this is the right place, so if not please direct me elsewhere. Bare with me as this is kind of a loaded question and it'll probably be all over the place.
Anyway, I'm looking at getting out to come to this and as an absolute noob (no off-road experience whatsoever yet aside from second hand being on MUD, seeing videos, etc., also only had the truck a couple months now) what do you more experienced guys recommend I do to prepare? In regards to the truck mainly. I'd obviously be signed up for the Stock Class VI trails. So far I've only acquired a set of A/Ts and I'm still very slowly baselining. Should I bother getting my hands on recovery gear, spare parts, the like?
Maintenance is pretty model specific so I won't really get into that unless someone wouldn't mind sort of "guiding" me.

I appreciate any and all feedback.

I feel like I must have missed the post saying when exactly this is. :confused:
I'd love to join up with YT and attend, but I don't know if it fits around other events in the calendar (Spartan race in Killington and VT Overland Rally)

Not entirely sure if this is the right place, so if not please direct me elsewhere. Bare with me as this is kind of a loaded question and it'll probably be all over the place.
Anyway, I'm looking at getting out to come to this and as an absolute noob (no off-road experience whatsoever yet aside from second hand being on MUD, seeing videos, etc., also only had the truck a couple months now) what do you more experienced guys recommend I do to prepare? In regards to the truck mainly. I'd obviously be signed up for the Stock Class VI trails. So far I've only acquired a set of A/Ts and I'm still very slowly baselining. Should I bother getting my hands on recovery gear, spare parts, the like?
Maintenance is pretty model specific so I won't really get into that unless someone wouldn't mind sort of "guiding" me.

I appreciate any and all feedback.
Good morning Mrahc,
Thanks for the interest. I look forward to meeting with you for our event.
When you click on the registration link it should and I will have to double check have all of the requirements for your truck. I couple of things to consider. Spare Tire, tow rope, fluids, shovel, gloves etc..
The Stock trails are what they are but always be prepared for the sudden obstacles that Mother Nature has provided.
I would also make sure before you leave to that your 4wd works. If you have running boards be prepared that they might get a good scratch or scrape.
Hope that helps,
Ed

I feel like I must have missed the post saying when exactly this is. :confused:
I'd love to join up with YT and attend, but I don't know if it fits around other events in the calendar (Spartan race in Killington and VT Overland Rally)
Columbus Day Weekend is the big event. Hopefully that works with your schedule. I look forward to meeting you.
Thursday through Sunday.
Rain or shine

Slow day at work
So I called a company in Henniker, NH and I requested a quote
Standard portable toilet with LED lighting is $135 - 4 day rental
Delivery charge is $35

Total cost for 2 units $305
I guess the turnout will determine if we need them.
That seems like a fair price. I also found a few places on line. What’s the name and number?

Can anyone help with doing the coffee this year? I have one restaurant size coffee maker. We probably need two.
Anyone have any connections?

So we are good with the breakfast. We are good with a couple of trail leaders but need a couple more. Need a couple more guys to man the registration table.
Still need to get a few folding tables, extension cords, Lights for the BBQ and raffle.
Need a good camera for a group picture before the BBQ.
Probably need more cowbell.

Registered. I can only come up Friday evening to Sun at most. Not planning on driving my truck on trails. I simply can’t afford to break anything. Not sure what I can help out with but please lmk and I do what I can.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom