Part number NEEDed 70 series tail light lenses R & L (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:meh: Chinese s*** won’t be going on my LC as long as I own it.

But you're cool with India made seals/gaskets on your knuckles?

Oh, and those TT brake rotors (hint made in China ;)). I guess your willing to make some sacrifices when it doesn't compromise safety or performance. lol

But you're cool with India made seals/gaskets on your knuckles?

Oh, and those TT brake rotors (hint made in China ;)). I guess your willing to make some sacrifices when it doesn't compromise safety or performance. lol

I’m not sure you really have any idea what you are talking about when it
comes to what I use on my personal vehicle.

I’m not sure you really have any idea what you are talking about when it
comes to what I use on my personal vehicle.

So please STFU.

Ha. You have 25k posts, I know everything about your vehicle.

43512-60040HP = Made in China

Screenshot_20180830-190245_Chrome.jpg

The spindle nut kits made in India fwiw.

I'll go STFU now ;)

And I tried them. Why not? I’m allowed to try stuff am I not?

Doesn’t mean I still run them.

Weird you have that s*** just saved.

And I tried them. Why not? I’m allowed to try stuff am I not?

Doesn’t mean I still run them.

Weird you have that s*** just saved.

Saved? Took about 12 seconds to search and screen shot.

So you have run and sold customers Chinese brake and knuckle/axle parts but not in the future. Gotcha... real strong clarity there. :D

Damn, y'all need to learn where your parts come from. Just ask TT (Australia specifically ;)) they are quite forthcoming about where things are made. In the last 2 minutes I was able to ask. Do do yourself

Screenshot_20180830-192158_Chrome.jpg

He said...

Remember, before TT relaunched in the US as current, they were reaching out to companies here in the US and I asked plenty of questions in addition to visiting their main facility in Aus. Now keep in mind, I think Terrain Tamer sources and boxes a lot of great stuff from a lot of great manufacturers, much of it from the exact same places we buy from, China and India included. But I have no false illusions where stuff is made. China made rotors finish Baja 1000 races year after year... I've got no beef using them.

I need a new cruiser so I can debate what parts to buy again.

Yes you do... make favorite was your 70, that thing motored!

I dont think I could pick a favorite one of Micah's former Cruisers...there's just too many to choose from and they were all great!

/me goes back inside his glass house

Damn, look what the cat drug into the 70 section. I figured something was up when I got a grip of "likes" on my Jenny thread. Let's talk soon.

My FJ73 had these side mirrors on it when I got it that were cheap Chinese or maybe Taiwan aftermarket knockoffs. South American cruisers seem to have a lot of chinese made replacement parts btw...

After one snapped right off while I was trying to adjust it...I bought a set of new OEM ones from Beno and could instantly tell the difference in the quality side by side. No more folding mirrors in the wind either. :)

That non turbo BJ70 was sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once I hacked about 300 lbs of random tube bumper off of it that thing would motor! Totally changed my mind about Having/Needing a turbo.

But I also drove that non turbo 77, different story. 0-60 measured by sundial!

I miss the HJ61 that was the cleanest truck, but I must say every vehicle left my care with improvements. Each and every one had an OME lift from Kurt and varying levels of OEM and Trail worthy parts depending on budgets at the time of the build.

Favorite was putting the lift on Betty White as a club night and by the time I got home from work there were 4 club members there, tires and front axle were already done and rear was halfway completed. All I had to do was buy more pizza and torque the rear U-Bolts.

My FJ73 had these side mirrors on it when I got it that were cheap Chinese or maybe Taiwan aftermarket knockoffs. South American cruisers seem to have a lot of chinese made replacement parts btw...

After one snapped right off while I was trying to adjust it...I bought a set of new OEM ones from Beno and could instantly tell the difference in the quality side by side. No more folding mirrors in the wind either. :)

No doubt a great deal of Chinese stuff shall be avoided like the plague, in other places it's a good option for a price point shopper. I'm not here to make a case for or against Chinese parts, I'm here to offer options. There isn't a single part we won't stock in OEM or Japanese first where practical. If it's a crappy part and going to net us a bunch of returns and or customer complaints, we literally have no room for it on the shelf.

That non turbo BJ70 was sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once I hacked about 300 lbs of random tube bumper off of it that thing would motor! Totally changed my mind about Having/Needing a turbo.

But I also drove that non turbo 77, different story. 0-60 measured by sundial!

I miss the HJ61 that was the cleanest truck, but I must say every vehicle left my care with improvements. Each and every one had an OME lift from Kurt and varying levels of OEM and Trail worthy parts depending on budgets at the time of the build.

Favorite was putting the lift on Betty White as a club night and by the time I got home from work there were 4 club members there, tires and front axle were already done and rear was halfway completed. All I had to do was buy more pizza and torque the rear U-Bolts.

I forgot about that gnarly tube bumper. That truck ended up in Idaho yeah? Every follow along where your 61 ended up after Dustin? I suppose I should just ask him.

I forgot about that gnarly tube bumper. That truck ended up in Idaho yeah? Every follow along where your 61 ended up after Dustin? I suppose I should just ask him.

It went to Idaho, was resprayed and then ended up on a Pineapple Plantation in Hawaii. Some trucks have all the luck!

The HJ61 is currently in Nevada, the guy who bought it from Dustin just keeps it in his collection down there. I haven't seen it venture out anywhere.

Finally got around to putting both side by side (81551-90K03/81551-90K09 & 81561-90K03/81561-90K09), 100% identical. Same casting numbers, same lens standard numbers, same bulb recommendations (both 12V and 24V recommendations), same.

Two completely identical parts with different part numbers usually means two different suppliers making the same part. Toyota does this with alloy wheels and is called a "brandshare"...where I work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom