Part number NEEDed 70 series tail light lenses R & L (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
Anyone know part numbers for 70 series tail light lenzes ?? Mine is a 1986 bj75. Set that has clear back up lenses both sides preferred.....but please forward what ya know

Thanks for playing

I have a set in storage 600 miles from where I currently am. I think they are 81551-90K03 and 81561-90K03.

These are red on the top, clear in the middle and orange on the bottom.

That's it! K09, not K03.

That's it! K09, not K03.

Both exist fwiw. The (90K03):

LENS81551R.jpg

Anyone know the difference of the top of their heads?

My 90K09s are home in New Mexico. I wish I had known this Saturday I could have brought them back up with me to compare. My recollection is they look about like your photo. When I was home I simply looked at the part number labels to confirm K09.

My 90K09s are home in New Mexico. I wish I had known this Saturday I could have brought them back up with me to compare. My recollection is they look about like your photo. When I was home I simply looked at the part number labels to confirm K09.

I've got both, I'll pull them down and do a side by side.

I wish you three could be on jeapordy with all Toyota parts related questions. @beno @cruiserdan @cruiseroutfit

"Ill take 'rubber stuff' for 400, Alex"

"The Indonesian market 1999 mid wheel base model 70 series requires this part to keep water from leaking into the rear left door"

"What is part# 2298-K09S ?"

Jeopardy-Contestant-3828.jpg

Perfect.

It could be something very minor like the way the reflector is formatted.

Perfect.

It could be something very minor like the way the reflector is formatted.

Or stamped 12V or 24V despite the fact the the bulbs are not included :D

True dat.

Both exist fwiw. The (90K03):

View attachment 1425347

Anyone know the difference of the top of their heads?

Finally got around to putting both side by side (81551-90K03/81551-90K09 & 81561-90K03/81561-90K09), 100% identical. Same casting numbers, same lens standard numbers, same bulb recommendations (both 12V and 24V recommendations), same.

20180830_105656 (Medium).jpg

From left to right: (OE Number and Cruiser Outfitters Part#)
81561-90K03- Part# LENS81561L
81561-90K09- Part# LENS81561L
Aftermarket (Includes Harness) - Part# LENS81561LAFT
81551-90K03- Part# LENS81561R
81551-90K03 - Part# LENS81561R
Aftermarket (Includes Harness) - Part# LENS81561RAFT

Our aftermarket offerings have proven quite popular at ~$100/pair. The picture distorts things a bit but they are very similar to the OE with noticeable difference when you look super close at the plastic molding flash, etc.

I can see a difference in the aftermarket variants. Not much in the photo but put them up on the roof of your shop for a month and then look at them.:)

I can see a difference in the aftermarket variants. Not much in the photo but put them up on the roof of your shop for a month and then look at them.:)

I don't store any of my Cruisers on the roof... yet. We are engineering options :D

Look, I'm as big of a fan of OE and Japanese made parts as it gets. But at less than 50% of the cost and those that are out busting tail light on a regular basis, our "medium/trail quality" lenses and lights have been super popular over the last 20 years, hundreds (thousands?) sold. As 7x's grow in numbers here in the US, so does the socioeconomic diversity of 7x owners. These do include the full harness, bulb sockets, etc so there is some additional advantage there. The harness is quite affordable from Toyota and we have those here too, so if one must have OE, we have the OE tail light assembly, 1156/1157 Koito bulbs and the OE harness.

Oh, and I have the OE or Japanese ones on all my vehicles ;)

:lol:

When backing up and hitting a tree they make exactly the same cracking sound but feel different in your wallet ;)

Drive by feel customers make mortgage payments :D

:meh: Chinese s*** won’t be going on my LC as long as I own it.

Next time I see it...…. I am gonna swap something out ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom