Next big expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am working on my leave request with my work right now. My plan is to give myself 3 days of driving to SLC and 3 days back. That will add up to a solid 2 weeks of leave for me. If it works out, I will be driving by my self but I'm confident I can do it. I will chime in with a more definite response in the next week or so, but for now, I'm fairly confident for the trip. That being said, government is still government and they pretty much own you so.... will see. I'm hopeful!

Yes, planning to be a passenger. Rob is pretty solid to join in also since he is local to the area.
Regarding the guys on the fence, remember Crush’s pep talk for GSMTR 2017. “We are not getting any younger”
We have done sensational West overland trips the past two years. This one should be epic and awesome. Don’t keep waiting because these are not gonna happen with a good group all in. This opportunity may never present itself again.

“Get busy Livin, or get busy Dyin” Red

Also Mitch, I think Bart and Steve are with you no matter how it plays out. I’m sure they will rotate drivers as needed because I’m pretty sure they aren’t douchebags last time I checked. You will have some driving relief as I would imagine a three man, two wagon rotation for driving. Get your kitchen pass issued and go!

Actually fireball you are right. Steve can be a douchebag. He sold me his forty and took the locker out thinking I wanted a more all original barnfind rig with original paint,working carb fan and original interior.

I am worried about my trucks health and reliability.
I've considered and discussed rideing along with Mitch, but honestly am on the fence, not feeling super gung ho about Utah at the moment.
Imagin that :meh:

Get off the fence all ready, we have two trucks going so the fourth driver/passenger would be great. We can rotate a lot and not get sick of riding with each other. Plus the second we get out there and get in the trail you will be sooo happy you did it.

Just 1 shower?

Is there a club meeting on the 5th? If so, this would be a good opportunity to work out the trip details.

I can show up for a meeting, we should show up a little early to talk. Once meeting starts we will not have opportunity and I’m not staying late afterwards. We could also meet any week end day and not have the time restraints. I would volunteer my place or Jeff is always willing to meet at his place

I like Steve's idea of meeting someplace other than the club meeting but I'm open either way.

Let's do it before the meeting, maybe 6 ?

I’m shooting for six , will be as close as I can. I’ve never seen the old fart at a meeting

I was there once before the Moab trip and then years ago. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom