Builds 1987 FJ60 Expedition build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A pic the wife took today while out cruising the back roads hear in CO.
Before this trip she couldn't drive a manual, now she's out exploring while I'm working :(
So proud of her.

View attachment 1777870
Is that a ski area on the mountain behind the cruiser? Never been to Colorado but really want to do this in my cruiser now.

Adventures:
We left home about 100 days ago, spent a week getting to San Diego area where I worked at our corporate office for 2 weeks.
Nothing exited to report other than to say that driving a 60 everyday for 2 weeks on So Cal highways was an experience.

After that we headed north on one of our favorite US highways CA 395.
First stop was Lone Pine where we spent a week exploring - here are some pics cruising around Alabama Hills

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

After about 10 days the wild fires drove us out of the area.
Very sad how bad the wild fires have been for the west this year.

Fires in the distance

image.jpeg

We had decided over the winter that we wanted to spend the summer in Idaho. We hadn't spent much time in the state but heard nothing but great things from our traveling friends and it did not disappoint.
It's an absolutely beautiful state
We spent a total of 6 weeks in Idaho, 4 in Ketchum and 2 in Stanley.
Side note - we've been traveling the country extensively for 5 years and have never found free beautiful camping like there is in Idaho. We didn't spend a dime on camping the entire time.

This is where we camped 3 weeks in Ketchum - rv in camping spot in the distance.

image.jpeg

After 3 weeks we moved 60 miles north to Stanley.
It's a great area for paddle boarding, white water kayaking, and mountain biking.

Our camping spot in Stanley - Sawtooths in the background.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that a ski area on the mountain behind the cruiser? Never been to Colorado but really want to do this in my cruiser now.

Hey @Hojack that is not a ski slope - maybe extreme skiing or something. Breckenridge mountain is behind the pic.
You'd love Colorado - it's one of our favorite states. Wish we could stay longer on this trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom