1fzfe turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys i am attempting a turbo install on my 93 80 series with the old air flow meter and am aiming for 4-5 psi just wanting to know if anyine has done it with the old models like mine. Can i get away without an intercooler. Its a stock 1fzfe stock computer and injectors. Turbo is to4z
Thanks guys

I have seen the super charger on them so it can be done. 4 psi is all I would expect and at that point is it worth the cost?

I ran with no intercooler for a while (well, technically an intercooler under the hood with no airflow), and when I got the intercooler properly ventilated, the improvement was drastic. I would definitely recommend the intercooler. I ran 5.8psi with no issues.

I don't know anything about what's necessary to make it work on an obd1 1fz, but i'm sure it's possible. Heck, you might even have better luck with piggyback controllers, which pretty much universally do not work on obd2 1fz.

I ran with no intercooler for a while (well, technically an intercooler under the hood with no airflow), and when I got the intercooler properly ventilated, the improvement was drastic. I would definitely recommend the intercooler. I ran 5.8psi with no issues.

I don't know anything about what's necessary to make it work on an obd1 1fz, but i'm sure it's possible. Heck, you might even have better luck with piggyback controllers, which pretty much universally do not work on obd2 1fz.
Thanks so was yours the obd1?? Did you notice more power than normaly aspirated without intercooler?

mine is 1996, obd2

Yeah so im after any info relating to the earlyer model 1fzfe obd1

I don't think you will find much. I only know of 2. One did a lot of work changing from VAF to MAF the other never got finished.

Yeah so im after any info relating to the earlyer model 1fzfe obd1

1FZ-FE turbo land cruisers

Have a look on facebook for a group called 1FZ-FE turbo land cruisers.
Mostly guys in australia but lots of info and knowledgeable guys who have done the swap

they will also tell you that you cant really turbo the early trucks with the VFM/AFM but need the style with the MAF.

Hi guys i am attempting a turbo install on my 93 80 series with the old air flow meter and am aiming for 4-5 psi just wanting to know if anyine has done it with the old models like mine. Can i get away without an intercooler. Its a stock 1fzfe stock computer and injectors. Turbo is to4z
Thanks guys
Did you get the turbo? I also have a 93' and like wise want to install a turbo.

Yes installed running 7 psi boost stock everything. Runs great. No intercooler atm. Done 10000 Kim’s so far. No issue..

Could you please take pictures

The fact that he posted his mileage in kilometers makes me think you might be on the wrong track here. I would start by asking what country he is from. He may not be dealing with the same emissions equipment you are. If that's the case then his experience may not be of much help to you.

Thanks so was yours the obd1?? Did you notice more power than normaly aspirated without intercooler?
Yes 94 early flapper type afm. I’m in Australia have a look on Facebook page I posted there photos etc 1fzfe turbo page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom