Swap the radio from a 2013 to a 2011? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2011 200 Series and I hate the current radio. It has the nav unit with bluetooth, DVD and reverse camera. The screen is too dim and the Bluetooth won't link to my iPhone X. The audio turns off when you put it in reverse. How stupid is that! There is no Aux port in my LC either so I'd like to upgrade it. Im wondering if its possible to take the radio from a 2013 or 2014 and put it in my 2011? Anyone done something like this before? And do they experience any of the same issues I am having with my 2011?

I have a 2011 200 Series and I hate the current radio. It has the nav unit with bluetooth, DVD and reverse camera. The screen is too dim and the Bluetooth won't link to my iPhone X. The audio turns off when you put it in reverse. How stupid is that! There is no Aux port in my LC either so I'd like to upgrade it. Im wondering if its possible to take the radio from a 2013 or 2014 and put it in my 2011? Anyone done something like this before? And do they experience any of the same issues I am having with my 2011?

iPad attached to dash with AUX plugged in, and all your screen-hating day’s are over. Bluetooth added for phone via a plug in device as I use, or more permanent Bluetooth solution as has been posted here in detail by @Willy beamin and others.

I turn my screen completely off, and it makes my truck feel 8 years newer. :)

iPad attached to dash with AUX plugged in, and all your screen-hating day’s are over. Bluetooth added for phone via a plug in device as I use, or more permanent Bluetooth solution as has been posted here in detail by @Willy beamin and others.

I turn my screen completely off, and it makes my truck feel 8 years newer. :)

This doesn't quite work for me because the reverse camera is super important to me. In fact its one of the reasons I want to upgrade the screen. The stock one is so dim that I can't see the reverse cam in the daytime.

Can you clarify what you mean by "attached"? Also, where are you plugging in your AUX? I dont have an AUX input in my LC (I do have the USB-mini input on the radio itself but I dont know if it works with Apple products normally). Also, how do you control volume? you still need to use the volume on the radio I assume?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom