Husky or WeatherTech Floor Mats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Both are good.
I prefer husky liners. They're stiffer And stay in place well. Most importantly The tan matches the tan of the oak/tan interior almost perfectly.:)

Husky no longer makes the cargo liner so I got a weather tech for in back. It doesn't seem to fit quite as well as the husky liner I had in my old cruiser. It also doesn't have the little tabs on the underside so it moves a little more and is less stiff so the sides folded down. The color is not quite as good of a match either. But it is still nice and I would buy another one if I needed it.

Why not search for the ten other threads with the exact same title to see the consensus?

I know these aren't as fancy as the others mentioned, but I have these in both of my trucks and they have held up well and if you trim them a bit, they fit pretty well. They also hold a good amount of road scuntz in the winter and they are easy to shake out or wash. The price is appealing too for the cheapskates among us(me). The brown looks fine in the '94 with brown and cloth. To me, if it's made out of rubber and it says Goodyear on it, it will likely be decent. Same way I think about things that are supposed to stick and 3M.

Goodyear 4 Pc. Premium Rubber Mat Set - Black by Goodyear at Fleet Farm

Why not search for the ten other threads with the exact same title to see the consensus?

Bilt4me, it seems to take time for new members to learn that the white bar in the upper right hand corner of this page, is used for searching.

For example if he had only typed in Weathertech floor mats in that white box it would list every post, in every forum on Mud that talked about Weathertech floor mats.

Or even better if he had just click on that white box, then click on the heading "more" at the bottom, It'll provide him with an expanded, drop down menu to tailor his search to the vehicle, and subject item he's searching for.

Since the OP was looking for info on Weathertech floor mats used in 80 series Land Cruisers. He could then click on 80 series tech in the search forums. Then type in Weathertech floor mats as the key word, and that would bring up every Weathertech floor mat post for 80 series Land Cruisers.

Now with the above information on how to do a search, and the link below, the answer to his question is just a few clicks away.

Search Results for Query: weathertech floor mats | IH8MUD Forum

Last edited:
Not a problem, if you use the search box you'll find the answer to most of your questions. Just use the steps i outline and that should take you right to the section, vehicle, or item your searching for. Enjoy and welcome to MUD!!!!

I've been much happier with my WeatherTech mats since I spent 5 minutes adding push clips to them going into the kick panel. No more movement and isn't difficult to remove still.

I had the Husky mats up front and they slid around and were too stiff for me.
I got the WT mats up front and put super strong velcro on the back and they stay put. I love my WT front mats.
The middle row Husky mat is great though.

I originally ordered Weathertech. When the arrived, they fit great, BUT, the left side of the drivers mat was dead flat. It was not shaped to fit over the dead pedal. I called them and verified that I had received the proper parts, and they had no idea of what I was talking about. They told me the mat should fit just fine after while if I give it some time to “learn” the shape of the floor. REALLY? I ordered a set from Husky and they fit all 4 positions PERFECTLY! So, I called Weatherteck back and explained it AGAIN, but they played dumb, AGAIN, so I got a Return Athoriization from them and cancelled my order.

No experience with husky, but I'm not a fan of my weathertechs. They move around too much, don't fit quite right and the cupped sides have started to fall down.

Are your weathertech's the digital fit ? I have both Husky and Weathertech 80 mats and the weathertech digitals are a much nice product as far as fit and finish go.

Are your weathertech's the digital fit ? I have both Husky and Weathertech 80 mats and the weathertech digitals are a much nice product as far as fit and finish go.
yes. I put a small screw in the spot for the clip that is non existent on my 94 and that solved the front sliding around. I also heated them with the heat gun once in place and they laid into the corners and over the dead pedal better. The second row mat is terrible in one word. I haven't fooled with it to try and keep in one place. Some velcro would do wonders I am sure. But the cupped sides have flopped in. I have 4 kids going in and out of the back seats all the time, so the second row gets a lot of abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom