Are there similar rear hatch inserts available in the United States? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Solid rear hatch glass insert?

See image below; (Not my image but out of auction house in N. Europe).

And those load bars and drip moulding mounts are massive btw.

N413OEW-3-lrg.jpg

I THINK the hatch glass and gasket are all the same from 91-97, other than tint.

Yeah, glass will fit between years, might encounter defrost element problem, but the insert(s) in the image above is not glass.

Yeah, glass will fit between years, might encounter defrost element problem, but the insert(s) in the image above is not glass.

Doubt that is actually an INSERT. More likely a decal/sticker?

...the non-glass solid inserts for the rear body are available from three vendors online but I also would like the rear hatch solid insert that is similar to the privateer rally builds not because I am building an incredibly awesome set of shocks but because I like to hike and I don’t want some 18yo kid breaking into the rear of the vehicle specifically while I am otherwise climbing some hill. Not all magazines are legal in all states-so there could be some real problems there.. something like the following

iu.jpeg

Maybe just get some aluminum cut out the same size as the glass? Once you pop off the glass and remove the rubber seal it would be easy to trace. Or buy a spare hatch and weld it with sheetmetal.

You can get the solid glass from Toyota overstock, they run around $125 per side. 6271160330 - Toyota Glass, quarter window, rh. *tt, t=3.5, green | Toyota Parts Overstock

Imagine local dealers would have them too.

I haven't checked yet but thinking my local glass shop could probably source the solid glass. Would probably need a new gasket too which is close to another $100.

We have done 3 or 4 rear window replacements, reused original gasket almost every time. It does not have sealer on it like the front. Actually, 2 of those times we reused the glass from a donor.

...yeah, looks as though the piece is available locally Fj81 lol

I am just too lazy and was hoping someone here remembers that so and so already had templates or kits on hand.

Sorry I was looking at the side glass didn't catch you were asking about the back. I have been looking at replacing my sliders so had that on the brain...

Given how easy it is to remove the window glass how does a solid insert help prevent break ins? It's held in by the same gasket and would be just as easy to remove if not easier since now they could just push directly on the insert and collapse it without fear of breaking glass. If it's a visibility thing a really dark tint or vinyl cover seem easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom