U-bolts from '78 fj40 will fit '71 fj40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but....will used U-bolts off of a 78 fit my 7/71? Mine are all torqued and twisted (from a long ago accident) and I'm sure they DO NOT contribute in any way to a smooth ride. Thanks!

should fit ive swapped them over the years from truck to truck

You can check fitment at SOR.com. I thought certain early u-bolts were different - I carried junkyard spares for 20 years in my truck before finding out they did not fit my '78.

I read somewhere that u-bolts should not be reused. I pick some new ones up for my ‘70 FJ40 from Cool Cruisers.

I've always thought U-bolts were single use although I've re-used them for off road use. When I recently replaced my springs I just had new ones made up. Local shop "Rose Spring" makes them, size to order while you wait. $12 each with nuts and washers. The said 15 minutes but they lied. It was 6 minutes. Too easy. They were plain steel so I had to paint them.

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the responses. Hmm, I've got to figure out my next move now..... Never knew they were single use.

OH just checked that cool cruisers link.... Problem solved, I will place an order there. Thanks a bunch everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom