blocked cowl drain tube (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok here goes.... I've been chasing a water leak for a while now. I have cleared all 4 sunroof drains and even changed the little plastic guide plates for good measure.

So. I had my windshield resealed--- didn't fix it. called the glass guy back out and he showed me water backed up in the cowl.

so I started digging and found that my driver side cowel is clear of leaves and debris, but the drain tube is full of water. at the kick panel, I can separate the line and my cowel drained. I can blow air up and water sprays up 8nto the cowel, but the lower line I cannot blow air thru nor can i get a wire to feed thru.

This tube shares a wiring loom with all the wirings running to the back. Its about 3/8 and is clear. It appears to run from the front to the back and then up the wheel well, under the jack and fuel inlet then up rear hatch pillar.

so I could use a little help. where is this tube supposed to drain? what am I missing here?

ok here goes.... I've been chasing a water leak for a while now. I have cleared all 4 sunroof drains and even changed the little plastic guide plates for good measure.

So. I had my windshield resealed--- didn't fix it. called the glass guy back out and he showed me water backed up in the cowl.

so I started digging and found that my driver side cowel is clear of leaves and debris, but the drain tube is full of water. at the kick panel, I can separate the line and my cowel drained. I can blow air up and water sprays up 8nto the cowel, but the lower line I cannot blow air thru nor can i get a wire to feed thru.

This tube shares a wiring loom with all the wirings running to the back. Its about 3/8 and is clear. It appears to run from the front to the back and then up the wheel well, under the jack and fuel inlet then up rear hatch pillar.

so I could use a little help. where is this tube supposed to drain? what am I missing here?

What are you referring to as the "Cowl"? The cowl is in front of the windshield, behind the hood.

The Rocker panel may be what you are intending, as that is below the doors, above the running boards. That is where the FRONT sunroof drains terminate. The rockers will fill with water when the slits clog with debris or mud or ?.

Are you referring to the A-Pillar? The tube goes from the front corner of the sunroof, into the A-pillar and drains into the rocker panel. There a a lot of wires in the A-pillar also.

On the rear, the rear drain tube goes from the rear corner of the sunroof assembly, over to above the C-pillar and down into the rear cavity when the jack is on the left side or the wiring harness and rear glove box are on the right side. The hose terminates out the bottom of that rear area through its own grommetted hole. It is not uncommon for the rear hoses to kink and not allow material to pass right above the rear doors. They leak, causing the rear passenger seat belts to get wet.

i've used string trimmer line instead of wire, maybe you can get to push through.

okay, so apparently I have been chasing my rear washer fluid line. :doh:

So, I'm now putting my side trim back on in shame.

Also realizing I'm now back at square one with this leak. it's gotta be the windshield, I can see silt in the bottom corner of my brand new seal. :bang: :beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom