Height Sensor replacement calibration? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting ready to replace my FL height control sensor (the old one's bracket broke). I haven't been able to determine if there's any specific calibration that needs to be done while/after installing? It looks pretty easy to bolt the new one on but there is the slot at the top nut that allows some adjustment.

Any adjustment I need to do while installing? I don't want to be driving down the road crooked.

Thanks.

There is no calibration as such, so I’d fit the replacement as per the position of the original and then see if the new height is different to where you were before. There are FSM procedures for height sensor replacement but you can get by without specifically following them. If you want higher then slide the adjustment bolt up slightly, down for lower. The two sensor’s feedback signals are summed and processed by the AHC ECU and the net output is an up or down command centered around your actual N height null point. The front wheels heights aren’t independently driven from the AHC actuators (torsion bars do affect FL to FR lean though). If you have a way of reading sensor height output values, Techstream for example, then you should dial in the two sensors to get minimal delta from 0 at your chosen N height.

There are FSM procedures for height sensor replacement but you can get by without specifically following them.

Necro bump.

I have the 2004 FSM that we all have but I don't see anything in that manual about AHC/AVS. I'm trying to learn more about AHC ahead of time before I purchase my first LC/LX in the next couple months.

I've already been here... Definitive list of AHC maintenance items

Thanks in advance for any help/

Necro bump.

I have the 2004 FSM that we all have but I don't see anything in that manual about AHC/AVS. I'm trying to learn more about AHC ahead of time before I purchase my first LC/LX in the next couple months.

I've already been here... Definitive list of AHC maintenance items

Thanks in advance for any help/
AHC/AVS wasn’t offered to the North America market in LCs until the 2006 model year, that’s why the e manual you’re referring to doesn’t mention it. The rest of the world had the system as an LC option from when the 100/470 platforms were released.
Any specific info in particular you’re after or just general chat?

AHC/AVS wasn’t offered to the North America market in LCs until the 2006 model year, that’s why the e manual you’re referring to doesn’t mention it. The rest of the world had the system as an LC option from when the 100/470 platforms were released.
Any specific info in particular you’re after or just general chat?

I must have misunderstood. I thought AHC was an option on the early LCs, I didn't know that it wasn't offered at all until 2006. Completely explains the lack of detail in the 2004 book, since it didn't exist then :)

I have just been trying to pick out my first 100 and I'm figuring out the details as I go along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom