Tough dog review thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since I have a new dealer under me I have been told I have to increase my prices to meet the Tough Dog recommended RRP/MAP...

This will go into effect 8-1-18. Tough Dog let me bit more aggressive with pricing to get the product out in a comparable price to other manufacturers.

Current Pricing:
41mm-- 245.00 shipped per pair
45mm-- 345.00 shipped per pair
53mm-- 345.00 shipped per pair

New Pricing as of 8-1-18
41mm-- 270.00 shipped per pair
45mm-- 390.00 shipped per pair
53mm-- 390.00 shipped per pair

A few % we keep track when Tough Dog is replacing another shock.

Tough Dog-- Zero (No replacements or warranty)
OEM-- 25%
Ironman-- 3%
Bilstein 6%
OME-- 57%
Other-- 9% (mainly OE replacement brands)

This is based on customer input on the sale of 213 pair of Tough Dog foam cells for the 100 series alone.

SHOCK SPECS-- PDF:

Attachments

• Tough Dog Shock Specs.pdf
    16.3 KB · Views: 415
Very interested.. my OME,s are beating me to death. Pm sent to Jason to try and figure if 41’s front and back would work. hopefully I can beat the price increase

This is something on my radar to plan for in the next year or so. I currently have OEM suspension with airbags in the rear. Does anyone know if my airbags would be compatible with the TD springs?

From Jason

“Due to the Carr-Fire here in Redding we are in the process of preparing for evacuations and trying to move cruisers and belonging's out of the fire's path. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can, but it may be a couple of days.

Thank you,”

I have 5k miles on my oem shocks but decided to give the tough dog 41’s a try up front. The 41’s are every bit as smooth as the OEM’s. I have not tried them off road yet which is what I’m really excited about.

I plan on doing a full on Tough Dog/Tourflex set up when I can get it all ordered. The more reviews the better even though I am already sold on this set up over Icon or others. Going to rip AHC and replace everything; shocks, TBs, springs, UCAs, diff drop....all of it and I can’t wait! Hopefully I can get it all sometime this year.

With the 53mm shocks, nitro UCAs, and extended anti-sway links how much extra droop would you say that setup has given you?

And as not to high jack I run the rear tough dog adjustables and love them. The adjustability is so awesome. It’s like having the comfort options of AHC without having the worry of it failing.

I didn't measure it yet. But, I used to be able to use my floor jack and get the front wheels off the ground easily. Just today, went out and had to add a 2x4 to get the necessary lift to get the wheels off the ground. Definitely more droop. But, I'm too lazy to measure it.

Just got back from my second Colorado trip (this time to the Front Range, previously HIH8). Did Argentine Pass, Kingston Peak (ROCKY), Webster Pass, Georgia Pass, Lost Canyon, Mosquito Pass and a seriously cool off-road track up in Estes Park called Pole Hill (very rocky). The ToughDog suspension was amazing. Could cruise over washboard areas, drainage dikes and big rocks with ease and comfort. Never hit the bump stops and everything was just soaked up incredibly. The more I put this suspension through it's paces, the more I come to appreciate just how damned good it is.

I didn't measure it yet. But, I used to be able to use my floor jack and get the front wheels off the ground easily. Just today, went out and had to add a 2x4 to get the necessary lift to get the wheels off the ground. Definitely more droop. But, I'm too lazy to measure it.

Just got back from my second Colorado trip (this time to the Front Range, previously HIH8). Did Argentine Pass, Kingston Peak (ROCKY), Webster Pass, Georgia Pass, Lost Canyon, Mosquito Pass and a seriously cool off-road track up in Estes Park called Pole Hill (very rocky). The ToughDog suspension was amazing. Could cruise over washboard areas, drainage dikes and big rocks with ease and comfort. Never hit the bump stops and everything was just soaked up incredibly. The more I put this suspension through it's paces, the more I come to appreciate just how damned good it is.
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I went ahead an ordered a set of extended front links from @reevesci last week. I’m looking for all the help I can get in the droop department. I don’t care how small it is.

I second this statement. @geanes was flying through trails, with me following closely and we were just soaking up every bump. There were multiple times throughout the day we were praising the Tough Dog suspension.

I have had my rears on for 2 outings and they have been great. Got my fronts on this past weekend and will give them their first trail test this upcoming weekend. Driving around town I can already tell a difference in response to road bumps and reduced break dive. Will report back after this next run.

Just ran Black Bear Pass with the Tough Dog setup today and I can’t praise it enough. I put the adjustable rears on 2 and aired down to 20psi and it soaked up everything I threw at it with ease.

15D9E567-6C18-4316-BDC7-BDCFB54C567B.jpeg

04206704-894B-4945-8B5F-A8AC8CAFD717.jpeg

Great pics and feedback guys.

I'm getting an order together for shocks and kits. I have a few people on the list, but let me know if anyone has any questions or wants to pre-order. Looking like 3 weeks on turnaround.

Jason

New pricing or the old pricing?

I'm guessing new, if so I'll wait till I'm ready. But could be suaded to order now if old prices.

New pricing or the old pricing?

I'm guessing new, if so I'll wait till I'm ready. But could be suaded to order now if old prices.

This will be the old pricing for the shocks. Due to the Carr-fire here I've been a bit out of touch and will honor any incoming order until Sunday.

Jason

Great pics and feedback guys.

I'm getting an order together for shocks and kits. I have a few people on the list, but let me know if anyone has any questions or wants to pre-order. Looking like 3 weeks on turnaround.

Jason
Jason do you have any 41mm shocks in stock ?

Quick question. Im Im currently saving enough money to purchace a toughdog set up when i come back from deployment this winter. I would probably opt for the 53mm/45adjustable tourflex pkg (2inch). I am already factoring in the price for the diff drop, but i need to know if uca's are MANDATORY for this setup. I know alot of people will respond or prefer that uca's should be installed at the time of lift, but im curious if the aforementioned pkg will actually work (without compromising the stock/uca's and other suspension/steering systems integrity). Id rather buy once/cry once, but im still a penny-pincher at heart.
If i go down a step from the 53mm's, can i skip the uca's. (Sorry if these are "dumb" questions, but thats how people learn without finding out the hard way)

Answered my own questions (i think??) with prior posts on this thread. I would definitely prefer to keep my alignment w/i specs to negate uneven treadwear. But still wondering how bad the alignment treadwear damage will be with a unarmored (for now) truck with the 2in tourflex pkg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom