Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any suggestions on a shop to weld my sliders to my frame? I'm new to GA and live in lawrenceville so something close by would be preferred. I got a quote from one shop that was $450 & I almost $h!* my self, I only paid slightly more for the sliders. I bought the OPOR sliders and they are making contact with the body and the rattle is driving me crazy. Any help is appreciated!

Kevin

Any suggestions on a shop to weld my sliders to my frame? I'm new to GA and live in lawrenceville so something close by would be preferred. I got a quote from one shop that was $450 & I almost $h!* my self, I only paid slightly more for the sliders. I bought the OPOR sliders and they are making contact with the body and the rattle is driving me crazy. Any help is appreciated!

Kevin

@CID 96

Are there any Toyota OEM parts dealers still on here? Looking for a windshield and gasket for a 1981 Pickup. Aftermarket support outside of offroad related parts for these trucks seems to be drying up.

@Sam Stewart still slings some. Toyota of south Atlanta i think. He isn't on MUD much anymore, but I think they still offer the discount. There is also a dealer out of Cali that has a thread in the general vendor section on the main page, but that is a long way to ship glass.

@tgreco you don’t need a windshield

I would tend to agree but it lives outside and it was my favorite part of the truck at Mardi Krawl.

@Sam Stewart still slings some. Toyota of south Atlanta i think. He isn't on MUD much anymore, but I think they still offer the discount. There is also a dealer out of Cali that has a thread in the general vendor section on the main page, but that is a long way to ship glass.

I haven’t seen Sam on here in a while but I don’t venture over to the general forums too much. What about @beno?

I’ll do a little more sleuthing.

Onur is in upsate NY these days. I'm sure he could get you the glass and gasket, but would still be a ride for the glass.

Sam is really into cafe bikes these days and doesn't get on much, but I kbow he still works at Toyota and I'm sure he could sort it out. Maybe give them a call and see.

Onur is in upsate NY these days. I'm sure he could get you the glass and gasket, but would still be a ride for the glass.

Sam is really into cafe bikes these days and doesn't get on much, but I kbow he still works at Toyota and I'm sure he could sort it out. Maybe give them a call and see.

I don't ship large pieces of glass like that unfortunately. I too would recommend seeing @Sam Stewart or Gil or Kyle at Toyota South Atlanta.

Does anyone have a list of OHV trails near Gwinnett? Looking for day rides nothing serious more views and just getting into the woods.

Does anyone have a list of OHV trails near Gwinnett? Looking for day rides nothing serious more views and just getting into the woods.

There is nothing legal in metro Atlanta, riding private property without permission... well based on your avatar you already know. You have either Durhamtown ORV out past Athens or the North Georgia mountains and ride the FS roads, that's it.

Aside from that you there's Morris Mountain (as mentioned in another thread) or Choccolocco in AL and then AOP, and several other parks in TN. This hobby aint easy or cheap. Hope that helps.

bookmark this link https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/conf/alerts-notices
the website has maps and timelines for seasonal closures as well good info to have before planning anything
you can pickup good maps from REI as well i use the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC #777 and #778 for north ga
the next couple of weeks i would stay away from the dahlonega/nimblewill area

I can has BJ73 title. :steer:

sounds great. cant wait to see.

Now cut the thing up and turn it into a crawler and come have fun with the rest of us dang-it. :flipoff2:

Looking for a place on the north side of ATL near the perimeter to stash my trailer and truck during the day this Wednesday (7/25) between about 7am and 4pm. In an ideal world, it'd be someplace easy to access with trailer and somewhat close to I-285 between 75 and 85.

I'm going to be heading up to TN after a meeting in Atlanta and don't want to have to go all the way back to Athens.

If anyone has any leads, I'll bring you some beverages in trade for the short-term storage. Thanks!

Perfect night to escape the GA heat. Ready for wheeling season to kick back up!

D81B1063-A9C4-47C5-A87A-8496796144BD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom