Best fridge / freezer poll - post reasons why you picked (1 Viewer)

Which is the best brand of refrigerator / freezer combo?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Geez, you'd think they'd keep all the product info together. I don't usually look below all the crap that everyone else has
looked at. I'm not a very good interweb consumer I guess....

Yeah the sender takes batteries too but it is rated for a couple years of use though IIRC. I've had them running all summer now without issue. Except that I have an old analog fridge thermometer that's been around the house for ever now that reads a good 5* colder than the two-zone. But I actually think the TZ is the one that's right. I need to put a third one in and compare it to the other two, but I'm pretty sure the TZ is correct.

Also saw this unit on Amazon in "related products" - no experience with it whatsoever. This one has two separate sensors that would have to go inside the fridge, but you could mount one in the vehicle cabin to get an ambient temp reading. Also runs on AAA/AA batteries. The bonus seems to be that you can set alarms for each sensor.
http://www.amazon.com/Chaney-Instru..._sbs_79_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0R9VXG6Q3ENN5FK79TQX
41kGF%2BVk2uL.jpg

Have an MT-45 Engel I bought used by a traveling couple 5 years ago, has worked flawlessly camping, garage, games, etc. Gets about 9 months steady use a year. Have a small Dometic I purchased in spring to keep in the truck full time, it has been working great as well. It saves me from having to upgrade to a larger fridge during longer trips, or for shorter jaunts, not having to load and unload the Engel 45 in the truck and strap it down. I also have an Engel that I haven't opened yet, because the Dometic is just kicking ass, and was half the price.

Picked my Waeco CF-50 up on Cracklist years ago and still works. Did have to replace the motherboard after my brother hooked the cables up backward. Still ran (froze everything) in the emergency setting on that trip.

Edgestar here. Doesn't have the features of other more expensive fridges, but works extremely well given the cost.

Bumping an old thread. Great info. Anyone have more long term experience to share?

And @JCruse , after reading your page 1 post, don't you need knobs on your fridge that do this?
330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Good way to live life imo.

Have had my 43 qt ARB going on 12 years, never have had an issue. During this 12 year period it has spent every single day except 2 in the back of one of my 2 DD Cruisers. Built very stout. I give it 2 thumbs up!

How about the Truckfridge TB51? It is priced well at $499. Has the Danfoss compressor (cant remember the new name of the company), has the nice features of other high end brands.

Don't mean to be cheap, but this one is tough to ignore.

How about the Truckfridge TB51? It is priced well at $499. Has the Danfoss compressor (cant remember the new name of the company), has the nice features of other high end brands.

Don't mean to be cheap, but this one is tough to ignore.
I'm looking hard at these for the same reasons. I'm at least getting their 18qt.
I'd love to find people who have and use them

I'm looking hard at these for the same reasons. I'm at least getting their 18qt.
I'd love to find people who have and use them

I saw a few reviews, not many. They were very positive. I realize it's just a website, but the company comes off as being on the track of quality and service in the products they have.

I had a Edgestar 86qt for 3 years and never had any problems, other than how much space it took up. I downsized to a Truckfridge TB18. I was skeptical of this company until I learned the manufacturer is actually Indel B, who has been making 12V fridges since the 60s. They are a subsidiary of Webasto Group which is itself a 100-year old company. Webasto is a Tier 1 supplier to most large vehicle OEMs and have a formidable engineering record. ARB has good products but their fridge is way too expensive for being a rebranded Dometic.

I just got my TB51 Truckfridge (Indel B) yesterday. Didn't fire it up yet in case it had laid on its side in the truck. I will throw a couple brews in it when I get home and see how it goes.

I just got my TB51 Truckfridge (Indel B) yesterday. Didn't fire it up yet in case it had laid on its side in the truck. I will throw a couple brews in it when I get home and see how it goes.
I want to check out your cooler at SAS. I haven't upgraded from my NRS river cooler yet.

Older thread, but since I voted, I'll post what and why. 5 yrs or so ago, when I was doing my research & had the funds, National Luna was top rated. So I went with the Weekender 50L fridge/freezer. No regrets and really like the mounting plate that securely holds it with out all the cheezy tiedowns. Since then, it seems at least from the reviews, that the other brands have improved and other new ones are making the choice not easy these days. But, that's the way it ought to be - choices galore :cheers:

Better really start saving now. National Luna has really raised the bar. I own the Weekender 50.
I’m confident to say I’m the only person who ever had Haagen Das Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream
on the Canol Trail in NWT in July.
I love this thing. But these new units are pretty cool 😎, pun intended.

Better really start saving now. National Luna has really raised the bar. I own the Weekender 50.
I’m confident to say I’m the only person who ever had Haagen Das Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream
on the Canol Trail in NWT in July.
I love this thing. But these new units are pretty cool 😎, pun intended.

Might not have been Haagen Das or on the Canol trail, but I have had Dove double chocolate ice cream bars and icy poles out at the Dollhouse in Southern Utah in August....Dometic 75L Dual Zone CFX75DZW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom