Spod touch screen location? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SQRRRL

SILVER Star
Threads
Trying to find a location for an Spod touch screen other than suction cup on the wind shield. Where did you locate your Spod touch screen?
I have a 2013 LC

Not sPod (SwitchPro) but I 3M taped it to the left of the steering wheel below the vent. Look at my for sale thread for pics. I liked that location. No idea if the sPod will
Looks like a great location but I think my knee will hit it. I think I’m going RAM suction cup low windshield “A” post.
I’ve seen the Jesus Handle RAM but again while it’s a DD I’ll D/C the touch pad and put it in the glove box.
This will give me more time to play with it and make changes if I like.

The LC is not with me but I saw a Tundra/Spod sunglass holder kit. Does anyone know how similar the Tundra/LC sunglass holder is in shape? It might be a fantastic solution.

look through rs6tofj80 build thread. he installed the tundra sunglass spot kit.

I’m going to use the same location but with the touch pad.
Thanks for the help fellas.

I bolted the sPOD to the rear of the overhead console and like the location.

Can you post a pic . I'm trying to do the same spot this weekend. With a spod knock off.

The rig won’t be in my hands until next week. Baby Bear aux fuel tank on other goodies going on.
I will post. Spod makes a Tundra sunglass holder mount kit. Our LC’s are identical. Check it out. Might work with the knock off.

Here is my SPOD in the sunglasses location, if it helps

7E9339FF-4B5C-4039-8515-BDB16F0CB32E.jpeg
585828FF-BDDA-4221-A4BB-425FD67B0454.jpeg

Trying to find a location for an Spod touch screen other than suction cup on the wind shield. Where did you locate your Spod touch screen?
I have a 2013 LC
This is the way I’m going with the Spod. Thanks for the help fellas!

FCE8694C-CD90-41ED-9ACD-D9A4C17C8651.jpeg

This is the way I’m going with the Spod. Thanks for the help fellas!

View attachment 1748535

That looks nice, but be sure it doesn't interfere with the A pillar airbag deployment. Looks like it might cause an issue right there and also might cause an issue with with driver's window fogging in the winter since the airflow will be blocked from the upper dash vent.

I use the larger vent as well. I think I’ll be OK. Airbag? Again I think I’m ok.

The screen is as high as possible in the pic. It can be lowered to the top of vent. It won’t interfere.

That looks nice, but be sure it doesn't interfere with the A pillar airbag deployment.

That would be my concern as well. I wouldn't want the screen to become a projectile if the airbag deploys.

I've had that cover off, pretty sure that's right in front of the curtain airbag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom