Trail Tailor has a new Tough Dog retailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Sherpa Offroad in Denver,CO is now an authorized Trail Tailor and Tough Dog retailer and installer. They support the GX470, GX460 and FJCs more than I do, so it will make for a good relationship and allow more and more of these great Tough Dog products to be used in the wild as another suspension and component offering.

Nick and Austin will be initiating a start up group buy for the above platforms and for those not involved with GXOR- GX Offroad FaceBook group feel free to contact me for these items as well.

ToughDog is no newcomer to the suspension market. Tough Dog was started in 1984 and with over 34 years of hands on engineering, design and usage from the owner and 100s of years combined of the same credentials and experience from his management/design staff.

Happy to help the guys at Sherpa and for all of you as well. Group buy pricing will be available shortly.

Jason

IMG_20170325_150712371.jpg

Do you have any idea how long is the lead time once the group buy closed on the 31st?

Do you have any idea how long is the lead time once the group buy closed on the 31st?

This will depend on the amount of sales they make. Current range is 3-9 weeks.

3 weeks on air and up to 9 on sea. This is all dependent on customs release which can be 1 day to 2 weeks... just depends on their mood..

I don’t have a need yet but sounds like a great deal.

Finally receive the suspension yesterday. Thanks Jason and Austin from Sherpa off road for the group buy.

I Install it this morning. Took about 9 hours total. The kit was installed in about 4 hours but the passengers side was assembled the same as drivers side. The adjuster is facing inside instead of facing out. Not a big deal. Took extra 15-20 min doing the no spring compressor spring removal and flip the Strut 180°.

The worst thing is trying to adjust caster. The alignment tab folded over and render the cam bolt useless. Have to come up with a few different methods to pull the front adjuster bolt inside for more caster. I need to get total chaos beefier alignment tabs. I have to pull is inside using ratchets strap.

No real test drive yet. But initial impression is very good. Damping are properly matched to my truck. With KDSS help the sway I set the front at 5 and rear at 4. The load range E 255/80r17 Toyo Open Country II seems to feel a lot smoother over expansion joints. Tough Dog recommend 4-6 for highway driving. 1-3 off road and 7-9 when heavily loaded or towing.

I got 1.5" even lift up front. 21" from wheel center to top of front fender opening.
Rear are 1" taller but this was based from my truck that PO put in StrutMaster coil spring conversion. I strongly believe they are at least 1"taller than stock. 23" from wheel center to top of rear fender opening. Even height left and right. No KDSS lean.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom