ARB Intensity - "knockoff" or "unbranded" versions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an extra set of the Aurora 7" LED lights with combo pattern beams, they are new I only opened to inspect the package. I was going to install 4 on my 200 series but 2 put out more than enough light. I do not have a spare wire harness, so you will need to source one or make your own.

$330 shipped for the pair of lights.

That's a great price, most places in North America want that for one light plus shipping.

Update: I finally got my Lightforce 215 LED covers, they fit the Aurora 7" LED lights perfectly! Bonus, they have white writing and not the yellow shown in the pics online!!!

IMG_3526[1].JPG
IMG_3527[1].JPG

Between my brackets being flimsy, random leds back feeding and staying in and being generally disappointed with the beam pattern, I’m ready to take my $80 amazon specials off.

I’ll be moving up the vision x. They’re great for the money, but just not enough.

Between my brackets being flimsy, random leds back feeding and staying in and being generally disappointed with the beam pattern, I’m ready to take my $80 amazon specials off.

I’ll be moving up the vision x. They’re great for the money, but just not enough.

Building off that, has anyone throughly tired the Hella 500 HID swap? Where these knock offs are cheap the Hella 500’s are too, but I’m wondering if you can get a superior beam lateen from the HID kits

I'm curious which one you got? The ones I have do not have flimsy brackets and no failing LEDs
These are the ones I purchased https://amzn.to/2L2Y3Di in 185W

Exactly my experience. I was able to sell my knockoffs on craigslist for what I paid, so it was a pain free experience on that end.

Building off that, has anyone throughly tired the Hella 500 HID swap? Where these knock offs are cheap the Hella 500’s are too, but I’m wondering if you can get a superior beam lateen from the HID kits

I did an 75w HID conversion on my Hella 4000's and the results are amazing. I have one corner beam and one euro beam, I have yet to wheel with another truck that has better mid to long range light output as these HID Hella's.

Exactly my experience. I was able to sell my knockoffs on craigslist for what I paid, so it was a pain free experience on that end.

I did an 75w HID conversion on my Hella 4000's and the results are amazing. I have one corner beam and one euro beam, I have yet to wheel with another truck that has better mid to long range light output as these HID Hella's.
Mad Matt, I also run a set of Hella 4k's. How much does this conversion to HID's cost please?
Thanks

@Mad Matt , I also would like some information on this conversion, thanks

The hella conversion is just the cost of an hid kit and some time. Hella 500 would be an h3c to keep the beam pattern correct. Not sure what bulb the 4000s take.

I have the Hella 4000 Xenon. Found a set on eBay and purchased new 4300k Phillips bulbs. They are awesome. Be aware the lens is different in the Hella 3000/4000 and was engineered for Halogen vs. HID.

I also have a set of Aurora LED units that are about the same size as the Hella 4000. Thinking of doing 1 LED & 1 HID.

CDDA0CA9-576E-4626-A34B-0760B8EE25C9.jpeg

I have the Hella 4000 Xenon. Found a set on eBay and purchased new 4300k Phillips bulbs. They are awesome. Be aware the lens is different in the Hella 3000/4000 and was engineered for Halogen vs. HID.

I also have a set of Aurora LED units that are about the same size as the Hella 4000. Thinking of doing 1 LED & 1 HID.

View attachment 1753212

What bulb do the halogen ones take? On the 500, it takes an h3. An h3c hid, which is shorter than a normal hid, keeps the proper focal point of light to not screw up the pattern.

I have four pairs of the Aurora lights in stock, although I set up a pair for testing tonight. I agree with the others that said these are high quality. This is the first time I have dealt with these. I will take some pictures and video of a pair of the Aurora's compared to my low beams, high beams, and high beams with a cheapie 14" light bar. Given how bright they were when I switched them on in my garage, I think they will be excellent at night.

IMG_4201.jpg

I did a bit of driving light testing. Built up a board to fit some lights so it could sit on my bumper and compare to what I have going on now.

Basically went out on a dirt road, which should have been much longer before the curve. I wanted see how far the Aurora's shoot. Started with HIR 9011 low beams only, then LED high beams + 14" LED light bar, then low beams with only the Aurora 7" LED driving lights. Makes me want to replace the light bar with the Aurora's.

testing.jpg

testing-3.jpg

testing-2.jpg

Last edited:
Unless you can put a set of diffusers any sort of particle in the air will reflect back. Rain snow fog dust. Yes they pump light but I’d stick with a set of high performance halogens, HIDs and accompany them with a 20” light bar. My next lights will be this fyrlyts

Unless you can put a set of diffusers any sort of particle in the air will reflect back. Rain snow fog dust. Yes they pump light but I’d stick with a set of high performance halogens, HIDs and accompany them with a 20” light bar. My next lights will be this fyrlyts

The Aurora's are the Lightforce 215 LED's, so the covers from Lightforce do fit, but I've only seen the blackout covers available for them. I believe the Lightforce version does have clear covers, but I've never seen them for sale.

A set of ambers and a set of dark blues helped out my 70w 240XGT. I kept dark blues on majority of the time as they worked best with the amount of moisture in the air I drove in

I will run some sort of ambers for inclement weather. I really liked these big Aurora's for how far they illuminate. I am planning on testing them out in the woods once I get them installed. I'd like to get an impression of them on forest roads or long stretches on some dark backroads.

It also looks like there is a clear cover available for the Aurora's, just not sure what it does to the beam. I will try to find out more and post back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom