Air condition not working lc100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello friends. I am new to the forum and welcome everyone. I bought LC 100 4.2 td, but my ac does not work. I ran the test by holding ac switch and r / f. Blinking alternately rrdef with def (solar switch) after pressing ac flashes rrdef with the lamp r / f. When the engine is running, after pressing the ac button, the compressor does not start and the cold air does not move, but the ac lamp shines all the time. Sorry for my weak English
Please help

I carried out the diagnosis again. I have only one error, I can not find it in the list of errors

The most common reason for no aircon on these trucks is a leak in one of the aircon lines that go to the rear of the truck.
Those lines run under the right hand side of the truck, behind the right hand tyre and along the underside of the truck and then up and over the exhaust silencer.

Buy a do it yourself aircon recharge kit from your local auto parts store, follow the instructions and see if the aircon compressor comes on.
If you buy the stuff with the UV dye you will be able to find your leak, then you can properly diagnosis and repair the system.

If that does not work then you are only out a few dollars.

Buy a do it yourself aircon recharge kit from your local auto parts store, follow the instructions and see if the aircon compressor comes on.
If you buy the stuff with the UV dye you will be able to find your leak, then you can properly diagnosis and repair the system.

OP is from Poland. Not sure about Poland, but in many countries R134A is not available to the public because of environmental laws.

OP is from Poland. Not sure about Poland, but in many countries R134A is not available to the public because of environmental laws.

I know he is from Poland. Poland is not a 3rd worl country, he has parts stores. R-12 has been outlawed. R-134 is environmentally safer. Check local listings.

Thank you for the advice.
In Poland, r134a is widely available and used. At the turn of the year, the price went up around 450 usd / 12 kg. How much capacity does the a / c system have in my land cruiser?

Thank you for the advice.
In Poland, r134a is widely available and used. At the turn of the year, the price went up around 450 usd / 12 kg. How much capacity does the a / c system have in my land cruiser?

^^^^^ Raise the hood. Somewhere under the hood (usually around the radiator support) you will find a sticker with the type and capacity for your vehicle. Go by that.

IF the sticker is not present and you have 'rear air' then it is probably close to U.S. models which takes 2.4 lbs. (or about 1.09 kg.)

Freon Charge.jpg

Last edited:
I though Poland has left hand driven vehicles.

About the AC. You can also check proper freon level through the glass window located about the filter/drier. There cannot be bubbles when the AC is running, and as soon as AC compressor turns off, you should see bubbles.

I though Poland has left hand driven vehicles.

About the AC. You can also check proper freon level through the glass window located about the filter/drier. There cannot be bubbles when the AC is running, and as soon as AC compressor turns off, you should see bubbles.

^^^^^^^ I would argue you can get 'proper' level/charge this way. It's a remedial way (sans gauges) to tell if you have enough liquid refrigerant (or any at all) in the system. But to get the 'proper/optimal' amount you will need to have a set of gauges.

The BEST way to charge a system is to 'weigh in' the refrigerant, but this requires a complete discharge. Often times a system (slow leak) only needs to be topped off. So a set of manifold gauges are used to monitor both the high and low side pressures. This is the second most accurate way. The third way to charge a system (but the least accurate by a long shot) is by watching the sight glass.

What you are looking for is a clear, steady stream of liquid refrigerant (engine, a/c system running). But you have to walk a fine-line. An overcharged system will most certainly display a clear, steady stream BUT your high side pressure can be off the charts. Also, there are certain conditions (due to ambient temps) that will cause 'flash-gas' to appear as bubbles in the sight glass. So...naturally the uninitiated will add refrigerant, quite possibly over charging it. Also, air in the system will always appear as bubbles.

Using BOTH a set of gauges AND observing the sight glass when recharging (or topping off) is not a bad way to do it. Since you can monitor when acceptable levels of pressure and disappearance of bubbles coincide. This will put you on the 'cusp' of peak performance (for the ambient temps at the time).

Being undercharged (gas-liquid mix) won't harm anything...it will just result in net loss of cooling capacity and high vent temps. But being overcharged (significantly) is not good for your compressor and also results in poor vent temps.

There are already many variables to consider when adding/charging refrigerant into a system without limiting yourself to a 'single' mode of feedback (sight glass). Its a handy thing to have when you are way out in BFE and have no gauges. But if you have gauges or can get access to them...use them.

His compressor won't even come on. Most obvious reason is no refrigerant. So you buy a DIY can and throw it in, if the compressor comes on cool, now you know your compressor works and you need to find your leak.
Once you find the leak and repair it you can then properly refill the aircon system.
Right now he just wants to know if the compressor is any good or if something else is wrong.

KISS (keep it simple stupid)

His compressor won't even come on. Most obvious reason is no refrigerant. So you buy a DIY can and throw it in, if the compressor comes on cool, now you know your compressor works and you need to find your leak.
Once you find the leak and repair it you can then properly refill the aircon system.
Right now he just wants to know if the compressor is any good or if something else is wrong.

KISS (keep it simple stupid)

The most 'common' reason will be low refrigerant charge, but a myriad of reasons can cause the compressor not to run.

If we are going to keep it REALLY simple...just depress the schrader valve on the low side charge port and see if you get a 'forceful' discharge. IF not....then move on to charging the system with one can and see if that satisfies the low pressure switch and the compressor engages. Take it from there. IF you do get a forceful discharge... chances are you have enough pressure and the trouble lies elsewhere.

But I certainly agree with starting the process of elimination using the most likely method for detection. Doesn't mean that will necessarily be 'simple'. Works for me.

But I readily admit to not being the sharpest knife in the drawer. ;)

So i have a similar problem to op, had my air con charged professionally this morning and now its still not fixed. When i press ac button engine revs up for about 3 seconds then drops off and ac button starts flashing.
So if its my compressor or ac ecu its hyper expensive to fix. Any Ideas gents?! Not happy as spent £80 on re-gas and solved sweet f all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom