Maintenance at 200k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi friends! I have a new to me fzj80 at 200k miles. It was well taken care of, but completely stock with no upgrades. What items (aside from pesky heater hose, replacing all fluids, brakes, oil/air filters) should I look into rebuilding/replacing/inspecting? The engine shows no leaks currently. Thanks!

16059_1531523696398.jpeg
here it is! 1995 with no e-lockers.

Welcome to the 80 crew :flipoff2:

Front axle rebuild...it’s a rite of passage to owning one of these vehicles. Check the FAQ chapter 4 maintenance

80-series FAQ

Any rust on the exterior or underside?

Welcome to the 80 crew :flipoff2:

Front axle rebuild...it’s a rite of passage to owning one of these vehicles. Check the FAQ chapter 4 maintenance

80-series FAQ

Any rust on the exterior or underside?

Any suggestions on where to get a front axle rebuild kit? The guide says to buy from cruiser dan, how do I go about that?

The vendors section has many choices Vendors

Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters (@cruiseroutfit) and Jason at Trail Tailor (@reevesci) have both helped me in the past, you can't go wrong with either. @cruiserdan is no longer in the parts biz. HTH

Any suggestions on where to get a front axle rebuild kit? The guide says to buy from cruiser dan, how do I go about that?

Exactly what @srf18 said. I just so happened to buy my kit from cruiser outfitters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom