What is this part in the engine bay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Do not have access to an FCM can someone tell me what I am looking at? what would be controlled by it? Engine Oil sensor? Thanks in advance

The wires to on the engine side have a loose end not plugged into anything. Portion I am holding seems to have been damaged by the Fan.

IMG_4573.JPG

IMG_4573cropzoom.JPG.png

IMG_4574.JPG

Oil pressure sender FTW! There are 2 wires that attach to it. 1 of the wires is a regular female push end and the other attaches to a round knob on the sender. They are in the same wiring look as the wire that goes to your AC compressor. Follow that wire and there is a quick connect between the air cleaner and the passenger head light.

That pig tail is no longer available from Mr. T. I had one made and it wasn't cheap. You just need to dig out the clip that rusted off and try to salvage the harness as best you can. There is also a sound deadner in the wire and another one that clips to the ac compressor. New sender from Mr. T and you should be fine.

That pig tail is no longer available from Mr. T. I had one made and it wasn't cheap. You just need to dig out the clip that rusted off and try to salvage the harness as best you can. There is also a sound deadner in the wire and another one that clips to the ac compressor. New sender from Mr. T and you should be fine.

You sure? I probably have a spare still NIB. Maybe I should take a look at that. :hmm:

You sure? I probably have a spare still NIB. Maybe I should take a look at that. :hmm:
I asked several dealers and they all said no. Someone like beno might have one lying around, but I couldn't even find a dismantler that would just sell that part. I could be wrong, but that was my experience.

Hey .......?

imyazaki.jpg

82221-60020 is what you need.

Doesn't the 82221-60020 have a different connector's Configuration and layout ?

82221-60020 is what you need.
Does that work for the '93-'94? This was a while ago, but I recall that being part of the issue. At any rate, I couldn't find one at the time and ended up buying the one that Matt shows in his pics. He does good work and the harness works great. If you can get it from Mr. T, that's great too.

Last edited:
i didn’t say it was a direct fit, but it works using a bit of old and new combined.

AC is ancillary to me. a big :meh:

the oil pressure sender is the important part.
I wasn't sure what everything that connected to it did, so I erred on the side of caution and just had Matt make a new one so that everything just plugged back in. I have no idea what the clip to the AC does, but mine is on there. I think Matt had to re-use the doodad that cuts down on radio interference, but I wanted that too. Good to know that something that works is available from Toyota still. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:
the wire harnesses are interchangeable between 93-94 and 95-57, my harness crapped out and I was able to get a used one off of a 95-97. and yes both p/n for the harness are nla from the dealership, I looked up both at work and no good.

the difference between the two harnesses is in the 93-94 there is a single pin connecter that the other harness dosnt have. not sure what it does though

the wire harnesses are interchangeable between 93-94 and 95-57, my harness crapped out and I was able to get a used one off of a 95-97. and yes both p/n for the harness are nla from the dealership, I looked up both at work and no good.

the difference between the two harnesses is in the 93-94 there is a single pin connecter that the other harness dosnt have. not sure what it does though

Both harnesses are NOT discontinued. 82221-60020 is still readily available from Toyota. 82221-60010 is discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom