What if you need new springs but don't want a lift or only 1 inch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seems like all the suspension kits give minimum 2.5 inches of lift. I am only running 31 inch tires and need new springs. I maybe need an inch of lift or nothing at all. What's a guy to do?

Well, do not always believe 2.5 lift. I got Dakar, OME, and advertised 2.5. After install, about 1.5 to 2.00 at best. I do have a winch up front.

I mean, I can put the 2.5 inchers but I hate a jacked up truck with no rubber to match those empty wheel wells. Looks crappy. I'll take a look at Alcan, too .I actually have an add-a-leaf in my front springs but my ride is rough. And I have 2 inch lift Rancho springs in the back but they are about 20 years old now. RIde is squirrely!

...have not read good things about re-arching. Sounds like it doesn't last long at all.

Interesting. I wonder if anyone has a review on them? Who makes them, TPI or someone else?

Not sure but I do know one owner that has their TPI Smokey Mountain lift and it rides nice. Give em a call and talk it over, it may be a lower cost option than Alcan.

Terrain Tamer do stock height springs.

Terrain Tamer do stock height springs.
I'm checking it out. Can't find any prices but certainly looks well thought out. Except the catalog downloads sideways.

I saw Man-a-fre also has stock height springs but availability seems to be an issue.

Alcan would be $1160 for front and rear, 1 inch lift. Custom springs and bushings only. Not cheap but if you feelin' flush...

Did you call TPI?

I did not but I see on their website $350 for fronts with bushing, 0" lift and $320 for the rears, 0 inch lift (with bushings but nothing else). Am I going to rub with 31 inch tires and zero lift? Seems like maybe in extreme circumstances which I probably won't be in 'cept in a blue moon.

I did not but I see on their website $350 for fronts with bushing, 0" lift and $320 for the rears, 0 inch lift (with bushings but nothing else). Am I going to rub with 31 inch tires and zero lift? Seems like maybe in extreme circumstances which I probably won't be in 'cept in a blue moon.

Man I run 33’s with 50 year old negative lift springs

D8A11CBB-1EF6-472E-ACD0-94551E4E974B.jpeg

Man I run 33’s with 50 year old negative lift springs

View attachment 1745990

yeah but you have that killer green patina protecting you and yours. You must rub in the back sometimes? Or just very soft driving? Ok, I won't worry about a lift then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom