What's the latest on SCS wheels for the 100 series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Have always loved the Stealth Custom Series F5 wheels, hoping to sell my Rock Warriors (egad!) and get a set of F5s. Searched around the forum, but the last thread on this was from 2014.

There was talk of SCS doing a 17" 5-pattern wheel for the 100 series. An 18 would be interesting as well. Are any of you running SCS? If so, are you just on the 16x8s? Would love to see your photos! Seems like these wheels are never in stock...

Funny you mention that,
As I also have a Taco so I follow some things on TW and SCS sells out quick.

Recently the only wheel he had in stock was a bronze F5 for our Hundys.

He just got a new shipment.

I wish he would find a way to get silver back as an option on the F5s.

Funny you mention that,
As I also have a Taco so I follow some things on TW and SCS sells out quick.

Recently the only wheel he had in stock was a bronze F5 for our Hundys.

He just got a new shipment.

I wish he would find a way to get silver back as an option on the F5s.

Thanks for the speedy response! So currently it's just the 16x8 available in 5x150 for the 100 series? Their website shows pretty much no F5s in stock—what's the best way to get in touch with them?

Thanks for the speedy response! So currently it's just the 16x8 available in 5x150 for the 100 series? Their website shows pretty much no F5s in stock—what's the best way to get in touch with them?
If you lived in Utah I would trade you straight up! I currently have SCS wheels F5s and while they are amazing looking. I am disenchanted with the lack of tire sizes available.

If you lived in Utah I would trade you straight up! I currently have SCS wheels F5s and while they are amazing looking. I am disenchanted with the lack of tire sizes available.

Seriously! So, you have the 16x8s? I assume you're running without spacers? I have an all-black rig, so I'd be looking for the matte black (although I do also love the bronze and black look; seen it on a few rigs). I have def heard about the lack of tire sizes. What tires are you running? I'm currently on 285/75/R17 which is 34" overall, and I need to stay in the 34-35" range on height. So if I went with 16" F5s, I'd have to go 315/75/16? I think?

285/75/16 no spacers. Effectively a 33" I suppose if you go bigger that helps but I am more inline of where I am at.

285/75/16 no spacers. Effectively a 33" I suppose if you go bigger that helps but I am more inline of where I am at.

I'm going to need new tires in probably 6 months. Currently running 285/65/18 KO2s on factory rims. Just checked discount tire direct, and a set of 285/75/16 are a little over 300 cheaper per set of four. So, I could go to an SCS wheel and the 285/16 tire for basically 300 more than just replacing the current 18 inch tires. Hmmmm.

BFG makes the KO2 in 295/75R16. Comes in right at 34". Great size. Had it on my 80.

BFG makes the KO2 in 295/75R16. Comes in right at 34". Great size. Had it on my 80.

YES to this. That's what I'd need to do, if I move down to 16" wheels. MAN I wish SCS would make a 17/18 version of the F5... Maybe we should do a large order, as was attempted previously. Based on older threads, it sounded like SCS was going to fab the F5 for the 100 series if there was a big enough order...

YES to this. That's what I'd need to do, if I move down to 16" wheels. MAN I wish SCS would make a 17/18 version of the F5... Maybe we should do a large order, as was attempted previously. Based on older threads, it sounded like SCS was going to fab the F5 for the 100 series if there was a big enough order...

I'd be interested as well! Preferably 18's since I'm running 295/70/18 right now and the tires are still new.

The 295/75R16 have lots of sidewall so great for airing down and snow wheelin :hillbilly:
I think I ran them at 9 psi on stock rims.

This is mine: 295's on gunmetal

image.png
image.png
image.png

And this is member @ga12r1 when he had matte black & 295's

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Wow! So helpful. What lift are you on? I have a black 99 LC with black (repainted) trim. On a Slee 2.5 lift. Seems like the matte black F5s would be perfect based on these photos you shared. Though I might get some run on the running boards until I get sliders (Slee Stepsliders planned, but my wife and kids need the running boards to get in the vehicle).

Thanks again, these are great.

I used to be the Accessory operations managers at a Toyota dealer, and we stocked SCS wheels. They do EXTREMELY well with the 6lug fitment and the 5x150 is more of a niche market they haven't wanted to pursue. FWIW I think it would take quite a large order (25-30 sets as a guess) of wheels for them to do a 17 or 18" f5 . They do have the SR8 18" available in 5x150

Wow! So helpful. What lift are you on? I have a black 99 LC with black (repainted) trim. On a Slee 2.5 lift. Seems like the matte black F5s would be perfect based on these photos you shared. Though I might get some run on the running boards until I get sliders (Slee Stepsliders planned, but my wife and kids need the running boards to get in the vehicle).

Thanks again, these are great.
Im at ~ 2"

I'll be honest your RW wheels are probably the best built wheel you're going to find (minus hutchinsons). 17" is a great size and I'm a fan of the tire size you're running.

Over the years I've driven all types of wheel / tire combos and on this go around I wanted a wider stance (which is not highly desirable amongst the 100 crowd), a reasonable street ride, light weight wheel & tire, without a bunch of hardware (fake screws etc), that could take a good weekend beating

This is my DD and I run 80mph everyday with a few "steep" (east coast steep) inclines. Love the stance on back road curves as well. Traction is good enough offroad. This setup is perfect for ME.

Do I see guys up here post tall skinny 35s and second guess myself? - absolutely. but when I get in and hit the long pedal I know I made the right decision.

If your tires are good I would encourage you to check out the FN wheels 17" five star (they do come in matte black - if that's the look you're going for)

I'll be honest your RW wheels are probably the best built wheel you're going to find (minus hutchinsons). 17" is a great size and I'm a fan of the tire size you're running.

If your tires are good I would encourage you to check out the FN wheels 17" five star (they do come in matte black - if that's the look you're going for)

I'll have to consider this. The form vs function question is always an appropriate one to ask. I guess I just don't prefer the look of the RWs with my setup. Unfortunately it looks like FN doesn't make the 5 Star in a 5x150 bolt pattern. We live in Chicago and for now we will be doing mostly pavement driving, but will be planning at least one or maybe two western adventure trips per year. We'll also have a bitter winter with plenty of snow. There shouldn't be much of a change in fuel econ between 285/75/R17 and 295/75/R16, so I think I'm still favoring the 16" F5, and I also like the fact that it won't require spacers.

Here's my ride, BTW:
qOiNg1al.jpg

Very nice.

sounds like you're sold on the f5 - obviously I'm a fan.

FN does have the five star and likely in stock - just isn't in their website. Call Dustin (owner) he's a good dude.

Here are some pics of them (I threw a pic of the tundra in the mix to show black on black but the center caps are diff for the 100)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom