amp compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
About to slide a pioneer double din in the Cruiser. Is there no way the factory amp is going to work? I have seen most do a bypass because of (ohm differences)?

About to slide a pioneer double din in the Cruiser. Is there no way the factory amp is going to work? I have seen most do a bypass because of (ohm differences)?
crutchfield.com is always a good resource. They show this metra part will work with the factory amp. I bypassed mine and added an aftermarket subwoofer, but it depends on what you prefer. you can always bypass later if you don't like how it sounds.

upload_2018-7-12_21-29-51.png

Factory amp is 20-yeasr-old worn-out crap. Stick a small $99 amp under the passenger seat, hook it up with RCAs, use the Metra adapter to hook it into the factory harness right there under the seat, and be done with it, and done right. It will sound a whole world better.

Factory amp is 20-yeasr-old worn-out crap. Stick a small $99 amp under the passenger seat, hook it up with RCAs, use the Metra adapter to hook it into the factory harness right there under the seat, and be done with it, and done right. It will sound a whole world better.

Is there an install guide for this? I want to do this.

I direct wired the head unit in mine to the speakers by taking out the old amp and using the pre-existing wires under the passenger seat. Sound is very clean this way, no buzz or feedback noise by using the old factory amp. Plus the newer head units tend to have more power anyway and more means of adjusting the sound.

I must have gotten lucky, I have no noise or feedback. Just nice clean and clear sound.

The Metra amp integration harness uses the rca outputs of your new head unit. So all your audio controls work as they should.

For under $20 and how easy it is to install, it was an easy decision for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom