goodies from valley hybrids! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_9123.JPG

front axle rebuild kit
54mm hub socket
marlin crawler inner seals
qty 8 - of the low profile hex head drain & fill plugs
new speedo cable

and a valley hybirds grease rag ...oops - i mean new t-shirt.

thanks @orangefj45!!

now to decide when the truck goes down for this job. i'm hoping this is a 2 day effort at most?

I am on-call this weekend which keeps me close to home anyway so i'm thinking if all goes well i can do one side saturday afternoon - the other side sunday morning and have the truck out of commission for only a short while. (barring complications of course)

anyone have tips on how to install new speedo cable? seems i have to get the dash disassembled enough to get my hands (not small) behind there to undo the dead one - and reconnect the new.

IMG_9124.JPG

That shirt is the most valuable thing there! :D

Like: sticker

yeah for a working speedo!! pretty easy job - only an hour.

IMG_9128.JPG

I think we need a T-shirt contest from @orangefj45 :D

I think we need a wet T-shirt contest from @orangefj45 :D

Well, I'll pass on that, but reasonable to direct your business to Georg at Valley Hybrids/Cruiserbrothers. You can expect good things to happen there!

Nice @Paul DiNapoli!

I ordered the knuckle centering SST today because my shims were not assembled correctly when I rebuilt my front axle a few years ago. Hit me up if you want to borrow it!

sweet - thanks @lechnito i might have to take you up on that. i was planning to wing it and just be super careful to put everything back as i found it - since i'm pretty confident this truck has never had the knuckle job done.

if i'm right about that - is it correct to say that however its shimmed right now - was from factory so i'd be fine to just assemble same as i took apart?

that being said - would be nice to know i have a backup. I'll PM you.

i have a transmission jack if you ever need it. happy to share tools in the portland area.

I see what you did there ... :hmm:o_O;)

@Paul DiNapoli - Right on! Assuming your shims are in the original factory positions, you're probably fine. It never hurts to measure though.

I dream about dropping the dough on an H55F every time I climb that damned hill on Hwy 26 west just past the tunnel. I'm very interested in hearing about how your transmission swap is doing.

View attachment 1742891

front axle rebuild kit
54mm hub socket
marlin crawler inner seals
qty 8 - of the low profile hex head drain & fill plugs
new speedo cable

and a valley hybirds grease rag ...oops - i mean new t-shirt.

thanks @orangefj45!!

now to decide when the truck goes down for this job. i'm hoping this is a 2 day effort at most?

I am on-call this weekend which keeps me close to home anyway so i'm thinking if all goes well i can do one side saturday afternoon - the other side sunday morning and have the truck out of commission for only a short while. (barring complications of course)

anyone have tips on how to install new speedo cable? seems i have to get the dash disassembled enough to get my hands (not small) behind there to undo the dead one - and reconnect the new.

View attachment 1742893

looks like you and I have the same exact plans this weekend. The pile of parts and new tools and grease.. so much stuff to do.. Where have you been researching how to tackle the knuckle job? I have the FSM and have been watching youtube videos constantly. this channel has a lot of good info for this. WheeliePete

Good luck with it all! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom