Aux tank brand?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just pulled this aux tank out from my 75 I’m selling. At first glance I though it was a manafre but now that’s it I’m pretty sure it’s not. Wondering if anybody has seen one like this or maybe it’s just a home brew?

1AE9CF42-B2E3-48B2-A9A2-6A0A2622BD2B.jpeg

8F57D32F-BC7C-49A9-9204-C361EA1CDACE.jpeg

Don’t know either of the maker. I have a northwest metal products 22 gl with skid but they sold and are now being sold by
sunsetmetalfab.net - Fuel Tanks

Don’t if that link will take you but it’s sunsetmetalfab dot net and go from there

Good luck

I don’t know if Downey tanks are still out there I miss downey

Sorry I thought you were looking to replace not just info my bad... but maybe they can at least give you a direction. Is there a sending unit on it? If not it may be a home fab

Yep, I still sell my 22 gallon rear fuel cells. The tank you have is entirely home made, and it has a major problem; it is made where 4 long bolts go through tubes welded into the tank, then they bolt up through your floorboard (rear passenger area). The problem with this design is the weight of the fuel causes the welds to crack at the tubes, then you've got a leaker- - -could happen out on the trail due to body flex in off road terrain, then you are in a place where you can't fix it. My tanks are nylon, laboratory tested stronger than steel tanks, and mount entirely to the frame, not the body.

Yep, I still sell my 22 gallon rear fuel cells. The tank you have is entirely home made, and it has a major problem; it is made where 4 long bolts go through tubes welded into the tank, then they bolt up through your floorboard (rear passenger area). The problem with this design is the weight of the fuel causes the welds to crack at the tubes, then you've got a leaker- - -could happen out on the trail due to body flex in off road terrain, then you are in a place where you can't fix it. My tanks are nylon, laboratory tested stronger than steel tanks, and mount entirely to the frame, not the body.[/QUOT

sorry to hijack the thread here. i have one of your tanks and it looks awesome and well built. i haven’t installed it yet because i’m not quite ready in my build. i am wondering if you have a link or schematic of how it mounts to the frame. i’m still trying to figure out how it’s supported. cheers

sorry to hijack the thread here. i have one of your tanks and it looks awesome and well built. i haven’t installed it yet because i’m not quite ready in my build. i am wondering if you have a link or schematic of how it mounts to the frame. i’m still trying to figure out how it’s supported. cheers
Didn't you get a Downey installation instruction sheet with your tank?????

Remember..... there are no stupid questions

Only stupid answers lol rofl

I believe JohnnyC here on Mud posted up the Downey Tank installation instruction, he posted up 5 different major instruction sheets/manuals, but not sure if Downey tank is included in those?????

I believe JohnnyC here on Mud posted up the Downey Tank installation instruction, he posted up 5 different major instruction sheets/manuals, but not sure if Downey tank is included in those?????
A little tech help....

@JohnnyC

He should show up here in a little while...

HTH,
Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom