8th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 12-17 Silverton, Colorado* (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This started on me for this trip. Not sure if it’s cooncidence or not, but when I hit my blinkers, my touchscreen goes black and does a like a fast reset. It’s weird. The audio goes for about 2 seconds but then everything comes back. Doesn’t effect anything else.

I’m thinking it’s either a short somewhere or the new navigation DVD I put in yesterday.

Any thoughts?

Finally in Montrose and heading down to Lake City in the am. So exhausted, did 3k miles since Friday, but saw some amazing sights. Did White Rim last night and saw some epic sunset, lightning storm, rainbows. And we got a sand storm while trying to setup camp.

Saw a ton of cruisers in Moab.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and some R&R in one spot!

IMG_8493.JPG

If anybody takes Red Mountain up from Ouray today or tomorrow morning please post up any info on the length of the delay or any other issues. I’m still trying to decide whether to take the long route from Denver though Durango or head up from Ouray. I’m pulling a trailer so the Cinnamon pass route is unfortunately out of the question.

Thanks!
2 min. wait at 4 today.

All packed up; looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Just a heads up, this morning the Telluride side of Imogene Pass was blocked with multiple rock slides. Black bear is still good as far as I know and Ophir is as well. 550 delays after we did engineer today was only about 5 min.

DUDE!!! Whatever. Wait for me:(

Chris, im bringin my bike. You up for a ride sometime during HIH8?

Maybe an after trail day ride is order. If you like to bomb, the trail i did today was fun!!! 2.5 miles of suck to get to top, but worth it. Climbing at 11k feet, is humbling. I think you can do a bigger shuttle and start from higher, as well. I’m gonna talk to local bike shop guy tomorrow.

@LonghornLX is having an AHC issue and can't get his LX out of low and he's in a campground in Durango. We can hear the pump running but nothing is moving.

Any idea what it could be?

Does anyone have any stock springs, torsions and shocks they want to sell/donate?

Went to go pick my dad up from the airport today and suddenly started running really hot, almost to the point of overheating. Went home, swapped out the thermostat, added a little coolant and all is well now!

Whew! Talk about a last minute scare, was worried I was going to miss this year!

See you guys in Silverton!

@LonghornLX is having an AHC issue and can't get his LX out of low and he's in a campground in Durango. We can hear the pump running but nothing is moving.

Does anyone have any stock springs, torsions and shocks they want to sell/donate?

Mine had the same issue. Could be bad height sensors, leak in a shock, low ahc fluid among many other things. I have a front passenger side shock I can bring along if it magically happens to have a leak on that side.

How loaded is the cruiser? Had this problem last year on the way to HIH7 due to too much weight. Unloaded some items before running trails and was fine.

Drove thru the night from Texas, made it to Durango around 1pm yesterday. Leaving to Silverton today, anyone know what the earliest time to set up camp in Kendall is? I'd like to drop the trailer off so we can drive around town.

IMG_20180711_052246.jpg

For this one, try removing some weight from the rig. You can overload that system. Someone else also mentioned that worked for them last year.

For this one, 2pm for Kendall Mountain access. It really helps us out if folks will stick to that so we can prepare. Lots to do today, for us.

Thanks
Drove thru the night from Texas, made it to Durango around 1pm yesterday. Leaving to Silverton today, anyone know what the earliest time to set up camp in Kendall is? I'd like to drop the trailer off so we can drive around town.

View attachment 1741828

Independence pass, driving from Denver to aspen.
B4106A99-A967-444C-8D3F-A34C2FCDDAD8.jpeg
9D2925C6-4AE1-4F84-A098-BE4AD8DC89BB.jpeg

I feel like I’ve lost 100 horsepower compared with sea level.
Beautiful place to drive around.
Going to to try cinnamon pass at 2 into silverton

Posted up at the Avon now. Did Clear Lake with a fellow Mudder after lunch and then did Kendall Mountain to the top. Kendall is ROCKY and narrow near the top. Bit of a pucker doing that one.

Going to do Maggie and Minnie Gulches tomorrow if anyone wants to join.

View attachment 1742252

View attachment 1742253

View attachment 1742254

View attachment 1742255

I’m game again. Trying to rouse the family now to go get some grub.

I think we should be ready by 9:30-10:00

Posted up at the Avon now. Did Clear Lake with a fellow Mudder after lunch and then did Kendall Mountain to the top. Kendall is ROCKY and narrow near the top. Bit of a pucker doing that one.

Going to do Maggie and Minnie Gulches tomorrow if anyone wants to join.

View attachment 1742252

View attachment 1742253

View attachment 1742254

View attachment 1742255

I’m at The Bent Elbow Inn. I think I can see you guys from my balcony. White LX backed in, looks like a green tarp up on the roof rack?

How loaded is the cruiser? Had this problem last year on the way to HIH7 due to too much weight. Unloaded some items before running trails and was fine.

It's not too loaded. He unhooked his trailer, put it in low, and it never came back up again. He has air bags in the rear to help with the load.

We swapped his rear AHC sensor with mine and no difference. What I'm reading on mud suggests it's a bad pump.

I’m at The Bent Elbow Inn. I think I can see you guys from my balcony. White LX backed in, looks like a green tarp up on the roof rack?

That’s mine. We are at the Avon

View attachment 1741828

I take it that the LC with trailer at the comfort inn is yours? I'm here too. That's a heck of a rig! I was out checking it out this morning, lol. I'm in the much less modified LX :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom