Axle shifted? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 94’ TLC. Ive noticed odd tire wear and a pull to the right for a while. I was looking at the truck and i noticed the rear axle has shifted about an inch to the passenger side. Any ideas on how to correct the issue? Anybody else encounter a similar issue?

Is it lifted?
Do you have an adjustable panhard?

Totally normal when lifted. The front axle is shifted the opposite direction. The adj panhard can center it a ride height (but it wont be centered when flexed)

Is it lifted?
Do you have an adjustable panhard?

Totally normal when lifted. The front axle is shifted the opposite direction. The adj panhard can center it a ride height (but it wont be centered when flexed)
Yes it is lifted about 4 inches on an OME lift running 315/75R16 tires. Thank you for your help. I was very concerned when I noticed the issue. I do not have an ajustable panhard.

On my previous lifted 80 I helped solve some of the pull I had to the right by rotating a tire with more tread to the front PS and one with less on the front DS. It wasn’t perfect but it was a noticeable difference.

You could make an adjustable panhard for the rear with some welding skill and $28.

image.jpg
image.jpg
The higher you lift an 80, the farther the panhard rods move the axles laterally, moving them off center. If you use an adjustable panhard rod to recenter the axle after the lift is installed, then the axles will NOT be centered anymore when you flex/compress the suspension. This will result in less clearance between Tire and fender or frame. My panhard length is nearly stock. It positions both of my tires when flexed to be centered in both fenders. I get very light rub marks on the frame and fenders that are virtually identical. But, my tires are NOT centered when sitting parked on flat ground. WHO CARES? You really can’t notice it from the driver’s seat!

View attachment 1742801 View attachment 1742800 The higher you lift an 80, the farther the panhard rods move the axles laterally, moving them off center. If you use an adjustable panhard rod to recenter the axle after the lift is installed, then the axles will NOT be centered anymore when you flex/compress the suspension. This will result in less clearance between Tire and fender or frame. My panhard length is nearly stock. It positions both of my tires when flexed to be centered in both fenders. I get very light rub marks on the frame and fenders that are virtually identical. But, my tires are NOT centered when sitting parked on flat ground. WHO CARES? You really can’t notice it from the driver’s seat!
I get identical frame rail rubs on each side of the Cruiser with my adjustable panhard.

Delta Vehicle Systems just released a panhard relocation bracket to address this, brings your panhard bar back to correct geometry, and pulls the rear axle back under the truck, gets rid of the tail waggle effect of having that stuff out of whack from lifting the truck.

^, Just installed it on mine, little on the high side but so far i don't have a problem with it yet, haven't completely flexed it out though to check clearances on everything yet but planning to do that this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom